+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for US Staffing Agency and their Canadian Client in Toronto - Verifying the work experience validity for CEC

Sachin J

Apr 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I hope you all are doing well.

I have some employment related question that I wanted to ask for my immigration, I was hired fulltime for a US Consulting Firm and my offer letter says the job title and roles and responsibilities with some other details, but nowhere does it mention my work is in Toronto. The US Consulting firm does not have any Canadian address, so the T4 has the US based address and no address on the paystubs just the logo of ADP on top left, but it is registered as the business and have more employees hired in Toronto to serve their Toronto based client.

I tried entering the business number that they gave me(Having RT or some sorts of char's in there)
GST/HST Registry Search (businessregistration-inscriptionentreprise.gc.ca)

Although I am hired fulltime with the Consulting Firm, I am currently working as a Software Dev for one of their clients here in Toronto. I am visiting the clients office 2 days a week for the work.. so its not completely remote but hybrid because of the Client Companies policies.

For my payment, I am getting paid in Canadian Dollars, and I am in the Canadian Payroll through something called ADP and I get deducted all the taxes, EI, CPP, Federal, Provincial, Medical, Dental, RRSP from my paycheck. I did receive my T4 last year from them but they did mention the US address on top of it.

For my work experience, I did contact the US agency to ask If they can provide me with a LOE stating that although I am hired by a US agency, to work for their client in Toronto Office with the start date, roles and responsibilities at the job and that I need to visit the clients office for working.

I wanted to know whether this will work out for me to claim my CEC for my PR?

I have been trying to get some answers by referring to the posts below
- Working for a US based firm in Canada (Open Work Permit)!!! | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)
- Can I work for a US company to apply for Canadian Experience Class? | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)
- Working for US based firm in Canada (Express Entry profile work history) | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

I did get some advice from few of them suggesting that this will work with an employment letter and a proper LOE from the US Consulting firm.. but I wanted some thoughts from you guys if anyone can help me out with this / anyone facing the same situation that can share their experience.

I hope to hear from you soon !

Thank you.

Gumbar47

Sep 29, 2022

Sachin J

Apr 7, 2018
Hi @Gumbar47 , thank you for the reply.
Can you let me know if you were able to confirm from somewhere if the experience is valid or invalid..?
Did you manage to get the employment letter from your client.
I have asked the agency that I am working for which is willing to provide me the experience letter for my job, but the client which is in Canada refused to provide me any assistance in that case.

Please reply if you got any information regarding this or if you have any update.

Thanks.

Gumbar47

Sep 29, 2022
Hi @Gumbar47 , thank you for the reply.
Can you let me know if you were able to confirm from somewhere if the experience is valid or invalid..?
Did you manage to get the employment letter from your client.
I have asked the agency that I am working for which is willing to provide me the experience letter for my job, but the client which is in Canada refused to provide me any assistance in that case.

Please reply if you got any information regarding this or if you have any update.

Thanks.

Hello Sachin,

Hope you are well.

I just got the letter from the agency with their candian address . I just had to provide them a draft with all the details outlined so they just had to put the letterhead and sign. In place of the adress i put in BOLD letters please put a Canadian address per IRCC Requirements and that was it.

Do give it a try if not done already. I suspect they dont really care and provide it right away.

Created a profile bow with CEC but still will jave to wait for more points...

Hope it helps.

Safvan

Sachin J

Apr 7, 2018
Hi Safvan,

Thank you for the reply. Hope you are doing fine as well.

I had one question... If I am understanding it correctly, you as well are working for an agency whose client is in Canada?
Does your agency have any physical address in Canada? Did your agency use that address on the letterhead or does it show a US address on the letterhead?

My agency does not have any physical Canadian location and there is where I am facing the issue. So did your agency put their Canadian Address on the Letterhead or the Clients Canadian Address on the letterhead.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you. Regards,
Sachin Jhaveri.

Gumbar47

Sep 29, 2022
Hi Safvan,

Thank you for the reply. Hope you are doing fine as well.

I had one question... If I am understanding it correctly, you as well are working for an agency whose client is in Canada?
Does your agency have any physical address in Canada? Did your agency use that address on the letterhead or does it show a US address on the letterhead?

My agency does not have any physical Canadian location and there is where I am facing the issue. So did your agency put their Canadian Address on the Letterhead or the Clients Canadian Address on the letterhead.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you. Regards,
Sachin Jhaveri.

Hello Sachin,

Yes, I used to work for a US company that had client here but I later got transferred to another agency here.

To answer your 2nd question, they provided with their registered address within Canada that I wasn't even aware of.

Also, to note here is that on this address seems to be like a generic ones where most the online based companies are registered to.

My suggestion would be to try a sample/ draft with them and see how they reach.

Attaching a snip from my email to better guide:
"
For simplicity, I have attached a draft of this letter adding all the required information per requirements set forth by the Today's Date Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) - can be found here.
Please note that this is to ensure all the important details pertaining to my time with XYZ Inc. are declared as required.

That said, please notify me if certain sections need modification in the final letter.

"

Added this in the draft document:

P.S As requirement for Canada PR application, please add Agency/ client address in Canada in the letter head/ body or signature. Please let me know if there are queries.

Hope it helps!

Safvan