+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORKING FOR CANADIAN COMPANY

Nov 4, 2010
My situation which I started to explain in another thread is that I worked for a Canadian company first on a work visa and then became a landed immigrant before leaving Canada in 2001.

Some opinions I have gotten are that my landed immigrant status should still be intact and that if I make it across the border that I just wait two years and apply for a new style PR card. My problem is that I will have to be going back and forth across the border fairly often to visit an elderly parent and don't want to have to worry each time about being stopped before the two years are up where I could re-apply for the new style PR document.

I did actually leave the Canadian company I was working for to work in their US office, however that was only for a few months and then moved on to other jobs.

I'm very close with the head of the company who I'm sure would be willing to write a letter stating that I've been working for them during my absence.

What I'm wondering is a) if the Canadian government is going to want to see US paystubs, etc. or if a letter from the company will simply suffice.

b) How I would go about presenting my situation to Immigration Canada to apply for a new style PR card. Would I approach them and say "Hi, I've been out of the country for the last 9 years working in the US office of this Canadian company and now I'd like to return? Here's a letter saying I've been working for them?"

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice and apologies if this shouldn't be a new thread.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jazzbutcherfan said:
I'm very close with the head of the company who I'm sure would be willing to write a letter stating that I've been working for them during my absence.
I hope I misunderstand your statement, what seem to be proposing is as a minimum, misrepresenting the facts.
(Believe me I am being very reserved about my actual thoughts here).

Jazzbutcherfan said:
What I'm wondering is a) if the Canadian government is going to want to see US paystubs, etc. or if a letter from the company will simply suffice.
I doubt that a letter would suffice. Isn't there a system in place where the IRS and the CRA can exchange information?

Jazzbutcherfan said:
b) How I would go about presenting my situation to Immigration Canada to apply for a new style PR card. Would I approach them and say "Hi, I've been out of the country for the last 9 years working in the US office of this Canadian company and now I'd like to return? Here's a letter saying I've been working for them?"
If you do this, I think you will have to continue to lie and therefore risk everything.

If you are not truthful with immigration it will come back to bite you.

There are lost of people here doing things the right way, and suffering for it.
If I understand what you mean, why do you think we would want to help you to cheat the system.