+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa renewal

mermaid

Oct 21, 2014
My daughter (canadian citizen) is renewing her US work visa soon. She needs to go to a nearest US border crossing (Peace bridge, Rainbow or Queenston). She heard that that Rainbow bridge has a high refusal rate. Is that true? What are the concerns to be refused for work visa? Appreciate your advice ASAP. Thank you.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My daughter (canadian citizen) is renewing her US work visa soon. She needs to go to a nearest US border crossing (Peace bridge, Rainbow or Queenston). She heard that that Rainbow bridge has a high refusal rate. Is that true? What are the concerns to be refused for work visa? Appreciate your advice ASAP. Thank you.
Nowadays rejections are mainly due to non-matching education to the job role/title. Also rejections if the candidate is not having minimum educational qualification (depending on the work permit/visa category).

My colleagues who were working for 15+ years got rejected because nowadays immigration officials were told to follow the rules strictly. This rejection was due to not having 4 year degree equivalency (even though it was approved earlier but nowadays they follow all/some of the rules defined in the book).

So as long as she has relevant education and experience for the role she takes/does, it wont be an issue. It does not matter which post she tries to get it renewed.

mermaid

Oct 21, 2014
Nowadays rejections are mainly due to non-matching education to the job role/title. Also rejections if the candidate is not having minimum educational qualification (depending on the work permit/visa category).

My colleagues who were working for 15+ years got rejected because nowadays immigration officials were told to follow the rules strictly. This rejection was due to not having 4 year degree equivalency (even though it was approved earlier but nowadays they follow all/some of the rules defined in the book).

So as long as she has relevant education and experience for the role she takes/does, it wont be an issue. It does not matter which post she tries to get it renewed.
Thank you so much harirajmohan. Hopefully, her education and experience will satisfy their requirements. I am praying so hard for her to get through this. Thank u again.