+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Times (Real Time Updates)

capricorpse

May 24, 2023
Hi All, Finally got my Work Permit Extension approval!
Application submitted on: December 12, 2022
Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: Inside
Work Permit Extension or New: Extension
Got an answer? Approved on May 8th, 2023 (took approximately 150 days!, more or less along the timelines they have posted, with an additional 10 day delay because of the strike! :( )
ok while i'm very happy for you, this is causing me great distress. I submitted mine on November 30th and I have no response! I am currently supposed to be visiting my family in the US but I couldn't because the work permit is weeks later than expected, and my maintained status is lost if I leave before I have the renewal. :(

• Sad
Reactions: pinkfloyd2288

RoyalPrasad

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Mumbai
ok while i'm very happy for you, this is causing me great distress. I submitted mine on November 30th and I have no response! I am currently supposed to be visiting my family in the US but I couldn't because the work permit is weeks later than expected, and my maintained status is lost if I leave before I have the renewal. :(
Hi,
My application submitted for PGWP extension on 15th Nov 2022, I am still waiting.
Don’t know what research going on.
It was under government declared public policy in 2022.
Due to renewal of my passport, I couldn’t Opt-in so I had to file an application for extension as per their set regulations.
I have to visit India but waiting since then.

• Sad
Reactions: pinkfloyd2288

nijinol

Dec 31, 2022
Is there anyone try to get work permit at boarder service? I would like to go instead of waiting online result

kweku Anane

Feb 14, 2020
Application date: 28th March, 2023
Biometric: Complete
Submitted outside: Ghana
Medicals : no yet
Background: ongoing
Last update was 19th April on Background( on-going)

When will I receive update on Medical request,

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Application date: 28th March, 2023
Biometric: Complete
Submitted outside: Ghana
Medicals : no yet
Background: ongoing
Last update was 19th April on Background( on-going)

When will I receive update on Medical request,
There is no set timeline

you can do it upfront and upload too

Good LUck

Reactions: kweku Anane

capricorpse

May 24, 2023
Is there anyone try to get work permit at boarder service? I would like to go instead of waiting online result
yes usually, if it is a new work permit. i am waiting on an online application because mine was a renewal of an existing work permit. also, i don't know where you are but i'm from the US and we have slightly different protocol than other countries with canada.

pinkfloyd2288

Jan 20, 2023
Very sad to hear. IRCC needs to understand and fix these issues. Lot of unnecessary distress to people who have to wait endlessly and put life on hold. I felt the same too. :( Hope you get a response soon. Take care.

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi All, Finally got my Work Permit Extension approval!
Application submitted on: December 12, 2022
Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: Inside
Work Permit Extension or New: Extension
Got an answer? Approved on May 8th, 2023 (took approximately 150 days!, more or less along the timelines they have posted, with an additional 10 day delay because of the strike! :( )
Hi was this a paper application?
I submitted my Sowp paper application for extension on Jan 12 2023 and no updates yet.It’s linked online.

Rajeshbyna

Jan 3, 2023
Hey do you got the update ?

Sularbaba

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
I applied for WP in December 19 2022
Medical passed Jan 11, 2023
Background check started Jan 18 2023
Sent webform May 17
Ghost update on tracker 18th may for applicant and spouse
Eligibility review started for spouse 19th may.
nothing since then….