+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit processing time

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hi everyone,

Is there anyway to identify status of my work permit application. Apparently, my application was submitted online by Canadian lawyers on behalf of future employer. Application was supported by LMIA and CAQ. They just shared a confirmation letter and the application number starting with W********.

I'm currently staying in England so I believe they must have filed my application to IRCC in London. What worries me is total black box and not being able to check status of my own application. Is there anyone else in same boat?

justfor4.2009

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi all,i got positive LMIA and job offer,File submitted by my representative for WP in Delhi or Chandigarh office in first week of October month,its almost 8 weeks.How much weeks they have taken for any updation regarding medical or about visa.i have few queries also like:
1)In how much time they checked our experience background.Have they do it by telephone call or by physically go in work place ?
2)My IELETS score will expired on 20 feb 2018.will they ask me for fresh scores or they will count it till the time i submitted file like from oct 2017 ?

pls revert vets or tina 2 if u have any information

jasmyne

Dec 7, 2017
hello friends , im in canada from last 9 years and i have worked as a immigration consultant for 4 years , as i know since january 2015 the start of express entry program ,its very difficult or next to impossible to get a workpermit applying outside of canada , if somone has promised you anything then be carefull, specially its hapenning in india , people are being cheated by wokpermit dreams . dont get trapped ,thanks and best of luck
Hi! I just wanna ask you if theres other way to renew my temp resident visa without providing work permit? My work permit expired last august but i already applied for renewal but i havent received it yet. Now my TRV will expire this 29th of december. Based on the cic website i need to provide my work permit. Any help will be appreciated.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Following up on my earlier post today, I have update to share.

I received an email from my lawyer just now that CIC has requested my passport. He has sent me PPR letter. Below is my timeline :-

Application submitted :- 30th Nov 2017
Application Received :- 1st Dec 2017
PPR :- 6th Dec 2017 (Lawyer shared letter today)
Visa office :- London

My work permit application was not ICT, instead it was full time permanent job offer from Canadian employer supported by LMIA and CAQ. I'll submit my passport to CVAC in London tomorrow. :)

Reactions: justfor4.2009

Vets_2017

Nov 23, 2017
Hi all,i got positive LMIA and job offer,File submitted by my representative for WP in Delhi or Chandigarh office in first week of October month,its almost 8 weeks.How much weeks they have taken for any updation regarding medical or about visa.i have few queries also like:
1)In how much time they checked our experience background.Have they do it by telephone call or by physically go in work place ?
2)My IELETS score will expired on 20 feb 2018.will they ask me for fresh scores or they will count it till the time i submitted file like from oct 2017 ?

pls revert vets or tina 2 if u have any information
I have something to share regarding your queries ....
1. IRCC do’t go anywhere physically to check for wprk experience of candidates .....there preferred method of contact is by phone call or by mail.
2. Your same IELTS score is valid as you submitted your application well before expiry date .
I hope it help.

Reactions: justfor4.2009

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
How long does it takes to get ppr after meds,

Work permit only.
2 weeks no reply from cic

Pls share update

Aim@1211

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
I have applied 19 Aug 2017
Upfront medical : passed
Additional documents : completed
After that no any update till date

Please friends share your experience with me.

Warm regards
Ashish

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
I have applied 19 Aug 2017
Upfront medical : passed
Additional documents : completed
After that no any update till date

Please friends share your experience with me.

Warm regards
Ashish
Still no updates meds submitted nov 20, till now no reply yet,

Dont know what makes it so delay. Any idea pls share

PsPete

Nov 26, 2017
From South Africa , submitted workpermit for canada in okt, and still waiting anybody else got word from Cic in that time frame?

cherryblossoms

Feb 26, 2014
hello all,
Is it worth hiring a consultant to process your work permit application when you already have a positive LMIA and a job offer?

My son received an email from the employer's consultant about the service fee to continue the processing of his work permit but it was way too much thinking that work permit application is only $155 if I am not mistaken.

any input please
Thanks

Alireza_njm

Oct 22, 2017
Dear all,
Would you please guide me about my current status in work permit application? I want to know what exactly is being evaluated now? and what will be next stage?

My application status is as follows:
- Application status:
- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
- Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: Completed.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

and My Timeline:
Submission Confirmation: Nov 19, 2017
Biometrics Collection Letter: Nov 20, 2017
Police Certificate Request: Nov 24, 2017
Giving Biometrics: Dec 4, 2017
Uploading Police Certificate: Dec 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your advice.