+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit (Post Graduate)

SaadFokraoui

Dec 7, 2019
Hello everyone, hope you're having an amazing day.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the right section/forums, but I'm soon to graduate from Teccart Institution and I wanna apply for a work permit post graduate, and I wanna go to the borders to get it since applying online would get me to wait for a few months, and the job I applied for requires me a valid work permit.

My canada visa expired so if I go to the border (tour de poteau) and exit Canada then try to go back inside, would that cause me a problem even if I don't have a visa?

Thank you.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the right section/forums, but I'm soon to graduate from Teccart Institution and I wanna apply for a work permit post graduate, and I wanna go to the borders to get it since applying online would get me to wait for a few months, and the job I applied for requires me a valid work permit.

My canada visa expired so if I go to the border (tour de poteau) and exit Canada then try to go back inside, would that cause me a problem even if I don't have a visa?

Thank you.
Are you in any kind of valid visa currently ? Visitor Visa ?

SaadFokraoui

Dec 7, 2019
Are you in any kind of valid visa currently ? Visitor Visa ?
I am eligible for a visitor visa but the thing is it might take long and I have a timelapse of 3 months max to apply for my work permit, otherwise I won't be able. I also heard a friend went to the border without a visa that's why I wanted confirmations from here.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
I am eligible for a visitor visa but the thing is it might take long and I have a timelapse of 3 months max to apply for my work permit, otherwise I won't be able. I also heard a friend went to the border without a visa that's why I wanted confirmations from here.
I am sorry, I am not sure how to go about your situation. Maybe experts like @canuck_in_uk can help ?

Reactions: SaadFokraoui

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thank you.
A TRV is not required to flagpole .

Reactions: SaadFokraoui

SaadFokraoui

Dec 7, 2019
If you are currently in Canada illegally, then you can't flagpole.
I am a legal temporary resident, I have a valid study permit.

Although I already called the IRCC and they confirmed that without a visa I can't flagpole because I need it to enter Canada.

SaadFokraoui

Dec 7, 2019
That is wrong. You can flagpole without a valid TRV.
I'm sorry I keep asking you the same thing over and over, but what makes an agent at the immigration say a wrong information, is there a link or a document that proves I can flagpole without a visa?

Because I think a visa is definitely needed if you wanna get into Canada, even flagpole but it counts as going outside of Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm sorry I keep asking you the same thing over and over, but what makes an agent at the immigration say a wrong information, is there a link or a document that proves I can flagpole without a visa?

Because I think a visa is definitely needed if you wanna get into Canada, even flagpole but it counts as going outside of Canada.
Because the "agent" is simply a poorly trained call centre employee who knows next to nothing about immigration.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=527&top=15

Expired temporary resident visa
  • You can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
    • you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
    • you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Because the "agent" is simply a poorly trained call centre employee who knows next to nothing about immigration.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=527&top=15

Expired temporary resident visa
  • You can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
    • you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
    • you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.
more info

Regulation 190: This states that a foreign national (in other words, someone from a non-visa-exempt country) is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they are seeking to enter and remain in Canada:
  • After a visit to the USA, or St. Pierre & Miquelon AND IF THEY
  • Hold a study or work permit issued to them before they left Canada on such a visit, or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident or to validate their new PR Status and/or visa, AND
  • Return to Canada before the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension of it.