+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - Global Talent Stream - Processing Time

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by vel, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Finally got my Passport request.

here is the updated timeline.
    Online Application Submission Date: 25/08/2017
    Submission Confirmation: 27/08/2017
    Medical Request: 13/10/2017
    Medicals Done: 14/10/2017
    Medical Report Send to CIC by the Panel Physician: 29/10/2017
    Medicals Passed: 17/11/2017
    Passport Request Received: 05/12/2017

umerrasheed likes this.
  2. Good for u man. Im still waiting. Fingers crossed.

3. I hope you will get that soon :)

4. Hi All
    I am very much curious about this GTS programme, however I am not sure, if my profession is eligible for it. As per CIC, my occupation is 0212 and I have 14 years of management experience in Pharmaceutical especially in Clinical research. Is there anyone who is currently processing or looking for GTS programme for the same.
    Looking forward to see your response.
    Regards

5. Hi,
    Have you got your passport. how long it took for you to get the passport?

6. I have checked the GTS in CIC website for the specified NOC code and unfortunately your NOC code doesn't come under GTS program. You can check it in the following urls.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/global-talent/requirements.html#h14
    https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/global-talent/requirements.html#gtol
    https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/global-talent/requirements.html

In any case, it is not really going to help us in getting the WP in 2 weeks as promised. While I was applying, I was hoping that the processing will be done in 2 weeks. But in my case it took almost 3.5 months to get the processing(I am still waiting for my passport to get it stamped, so it is not fully done on my case).

Its really hard to get a WP with LMIA approval, but it is not impossible. I would say, put your resume in CIC job bank and apply for jobs which matches your requirement. If the luck is on your end, you will definitely get a sponsor :)

7. No I haven't received my passport yet, It was delivered to NY Visa center last Monday (11/27/2017). My office folks are saying normally its 10-12 business days but currently its taking around 20-25 business days.

I will provide an update here when I receive my passport.

8. Finally got my work permit approved.

here is the updated timeline.
    Online Application Submission Date: 25/08/2017
    Submission Confirmation: 27/08/2017
    Medical Request: 13/10/2017
    Medicals Done: 14/10/2017
    Medical Report Send to CIC by the Panel Physician: 29/10/2017
    Medicals Passed: 17/11/2017
    Passport Request Received: 05/12/2017
    Work Permit Approval Date: 11/12/2017

Waiting to receive my passport's from VFS office. Today when I was checking my application status it shows it was approved with a updated document number. While checking the VFS tracking, it shows the passport was processed and was dispatched. Probably, will be receiving my passport in a couple of days.

it took almost 3.5 months to process my WP in Global Talent Stream.