+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Sami_ahmed

Sep 8, 2020
Hello guys I have got the approval to submit my passport for the visa earlier today
I have submitted my work permit application from Rwanda exactly on April 1st, they have asked me for a medical checkup last week
I hope this would be a good sign that they will continue processing the pending ones as well

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
Hello guys I have got the approval to submit my passport for the visa earlier today
I have submitted my work permit application from Rwanda exactly on April 1st, they have asked me for a medical checkup last week
I hope this would be a good sign that they will continue processing the pending ones as well
Hey @Sami_ahmed , can you share your timeline please?

Sami_ahmed

Sep 8, 2020
Hey @Sami_ahmed , can you share your timeline please?
- I have applied to the CAQ (for those who are entering Quebec) on March 4th 2020 and got it on March 25th
- then I submitted my WP application on April 1st on the next day (April 2nd) I got the Biometric collection letter (I told the IRCC that I have already done it before)
- then no update until September 2nd where they ask me to do a medical checkup which I have completed in on Sep4th (two days)
- and after 8 days Spetember 8 I received the request to submit my passport for the visa

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Congrats, wat is ur NOC ? Did u submit any expedite processing request to IRCC ?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
- I have applied to the CAQ (for those who are entering Quebec) on March 4th 2020 and got it on March 25th
- then I submitted my WP application on April 1st on the next day (April 2nd) I got the Biometric collection letter (I told the IRCC that I have already done it before)
- then no update until September 2nd where they ask me to do a medical checkup which I have completed in on Sep4th (two days)
- and after 8 days Spetember 8 I received the request to submit my passport for the visa
Canadian VACs are opened in your place, Rwanda?

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
yes they reopened mid July
Does anyone know what is process of approval? As per my understanding some approvals happens at Edmonton Office (for work permits) and some approval happens at country specific VAC ..so country specific VAC needs to open and working to get final approval. am I correct ?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Does anyone know what is process of approval? As per my understanding some approvals happens at Edmonton Office (for work permits) and some approval happens at country specific VAC ..so country specific VAC needs to open and working to get final approval. am I correct ?
Has anybody changed the work location (to a different province) when ICT WP is being processed..? Can we do that?
or what other options we have to change location..?

thursd

Apr 12, 2020
Does anyone know if you can submit passport in a VAC in a country other than the country you applied from? I applied from the US but I'm afraid it will take too long to send my passport to VAC in NY and get it back. I haven't received BVL yet though. (I noticed I have the biometrics number now. What does this mean??)