+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Does anyone know if you can submit passport in a VAC in a country other than the country you applied from? I applied from the US but I'm afraid it will take too long to send my passport to VAC in NY and get it back. I haven't received BVL yet though. (I noticed I have the biometrics number now. What does this mean??)
Did you receive approval?

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Does anyone know if you can submit passport in a VAC in a country other than the country you applied from? I applied from the US but I'm afraid it will take too long to send my passport to VAC in NY and get it back. I haven't received BVL yet though. (I noticed I have the biometrics number now. What does this mean??)
Yes once your visa is approved you can submit it to any VAC in the world. Someone posted recently that they applied for ICT work permit and submitted their passport at VAC NY and got it back within 2 weeks

Reactions: thursd

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Need some suggestion here, my ICT has a client name mentioned that doesn't seem to operate out of Canada (it is basically an US client), however the work location that was mentioned is my current employer branch in Toronto. What details can i highlight in the expedite letter to IRCC that can convincing enough...

Appreciate your quick valuable inputs. Thanks

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Need some suggestion here, my ICT has a client name mentioned that doesn't seem to operate out of Canada (it is basically an US client), however the work location that was mentioned is my current employer branch in Toronto. What details can i highlight in the expedite letter to IRCC that can convincing enough...

Appreciate your quick valuable inputs. Thanks
List the services that is essentials for people of canada. and Try to fit your work along that essential services.

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Dear All

I have an approved GTS LMIA and done with my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for closed work permit outside Canada from India.
The Application shows under processing due to the current circumstances of Covid-19.

Has anyone received work permit approval recently when applied for closed work permit during time frame of Feb-March.
I applied around that time no reply

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Dear All

I have an approved GTS LMIA and done with my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for closed work permit outside Canada from India.
The Application shows under processing due to the current circumstances of Covid-19.

Has anyone received work permit approval recently when applied for closed work permit during time frame of Feb-March.
I applied in feb, i receved my medical request in april and i submit my med in may, since it show still processing, i am from india too

day_tech_se

Sep 16, 2020
Hi, quick question - how do you know if you applied under GSS ? is it only based on eligibility and NOC ? (mine is 2173)

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Got PPR and approval on Sept 16. You can look at my timeline in my signature. I haven’t sent any email to IRCC to expedite my application. NOC1221