+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit approved, arrived to Canada after 2 months, I lost my job

HK6

Aug 5, 2018
Hi, I am checking for a brother,
Storyline :
Work Permit approved for 2 years,I arrived in Canada since 2 months, the wife has an open work permit for 2 years too based on my closed work permit for the company I am coming to work for, I lost my job due to the shortage of jobs in the company What are my options in terms of immigration? I don't want to leave Canada , but he to find another job? is it easy to do so? if my work permit is canceled the open work permit for my wife will be canceled too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Storyline :
Work Permit approved for 2 years,I arrived in Canada since 2 months, the wife has an open work permit for 2 years too based on my closed work permit for the company I am coming to work for, I lost my job due to the shortage of jobs in the company What are my options in terms of immigration? I don't want to leave Canada , but he to find another job? is it easy to do so? if my work permit is canceled the open work permit for my wife will be canceled too?
- Your wife's work permit remains valid.
- You can remain in Canada but cannot work.
- If you want to change employers, you need to secure a new job offer from an employer in Canada, that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA (unless the job is LMIA exempt), and then you need to apply for a new closed work permit.
- Your options for immigrating are the same as they were before. You need to meet the requirements of one of Canada's economic immigration programs such as EE, CEC, PNP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Storyline :
Did he work for the employer and for how long?