+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work in Canada for three weeks work from home

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

For how long can one stay in Canada ( and work from home in canada) and then come back to US without any legal issues? I am thinking of going and staying there for 3 weeks in an airbnb ( accumulate some towards 730 days) and then come back to US. Is it possible?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

For how long can one stay in Canada ( and work from home in canada) and then come back to US without any legal issues? I am thinking of going and staying there for 3 weeks in an airbnb ( accumulate some towards 730 days) and then come back to US. Is it possible?
Will be up to CBSA to defermime whether you are coming in for an essential purpose. At a certain point you could be told that you need to remain in one of the other countries.

nipsey

Feb 11, 2020
There's no limit if you're on H-1B. As long as your employer is okay with continuing paying you. The H-1 and immigration rules apply only if you're inside the US. Don't risk beyond 30 days if you plan to use AVR. If you have stamp, you can stay as long as you want (obviously with a fear in mind)

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
There's no limit if you're on H-1B. As long as your employer is okay with continuing paying you. The H-1 and immigration rules apply only if you're inside the US. Don't risk beyond 30 days if you plan to use AVR. If you have stamp, you can stay as long as you want (obviously with a fear in mind)
Thank you. I am trying for internal transfer but looks like that will take time. I am planning to just go to Canada and work from home. Spend some time there at least accumulate some time towards the 730 days.