+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
52
0
Hi,

I have a question that I have experience of 10 years but for my initial 3 years of experience I just have the Experience certificate, but it does not include the job responsibilities. However for last 7 years I have experience certificates with job responsibilities and salary details.


So I'm doubtful that CIC can reject the application if I add first 3 years in application and don't give job responsibilities.

What shall I do? Please suggest.
 
 

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
1,746
80
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you put those 3 years of experience in your Work History, you must show appropriate proof (including responsibilities).

But you can only claim points for a maximum of 3 years of work experience (5 for CEC). So if you've reached the maximum points with your current, job, you don't need to claim points for your initial 3 years.
In this case, simply leave them out of your work history. Instead, once you receive ITA, put them in your Personal History section. That way, you do not have to provide proof.
 

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
52
0
istari said:
If you put those 3 years of experience in your Work History, you must show appropriate proof (including responsibilities).

But you can only claim points for a maximum of 3 years of work experience (5 for CEC). So if you've reached the maximum points with your current, job, you don't need to claim points for your initial 3 years.
In this case, simply leave them out of your work history. Instead, once you receive ITA, put them in your Personal History section. That way, you do not have to provide proof.
Thanks istari for the information.

So you mean to say, unless I get ITA, I should keep these in work history (as currently we don't have any option to have Personal history pre-ITA), and once I get the ITA, then I should show these only in Personal History and not in Work history. Other work experience for which I have proper reference letter with job responsibilities, that I should include in Work history post ITA.

Thanks in advance
 

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
1,746
80
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royale_ys said:
Thanks istari for the information.

So you mean to say, unless I get ITA, I should keep these in work history (as currently we don't have any option to have Personal history pre-ITA), and once I get the ITA, then I should show these only in Personal History and not in Work history. Other work experience for which I have proper reference letter with job responsibilities, that I should include in Work history post ITA.

Thanks in advance
No, you should remove it from your Work History before you receive ITA.

Before ITA, your EE profile should only include things you are claiming points for.

So right now (pre-ITA), the work experience you are not claiming points for should not be mentioned anywhere on your profile.
 

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
52
0
istari said:
No, you should remove it from your Work History before you receive ITA.

Before ITA, your EE profile should only include things you are claiming points for.

So right now (pre-ITA), the work experience you are not claiming points for should not be mentioned anywhere on your profile.
Thanks istari, will do so now.
 
 

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
188
8
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If you put those 3 years of experience in your Work History, you must show appropriate proof (including responsibilities).

But you can only claim points for a maximum of 3 years of work experience (5 for CEC). So if you've reached the maximum points with your current, job, you don't need to claim points for your initial 3 years.
In this case, simply leave them out of your work history. Instead, once you receive ITA, put them in your Personal History section. That way, you do not have to provide proof.
Hi istari,

I have a question on the same lines.

I worked for two companies in India before coming over to Canada. I have an experience letter and a relieving letter which only mentions my Designation as "Software Engineer". Does that suffice for responsibilities or no?

Also, I have foreign experience other than India but I was deputed from the Indian company. So, should I exclude those experiences from my EE profile?

Thanks in advance!
 

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
1,746
80
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binjoy said:
Hi istari,

I have a question on the same lines.

I worked for two companies in India before coming over to Canada. I have an experience letter and a relieving letter which only mentions my Designation as "Software Engineer". Does that suffice for responsibilities or no?

Also, I have foreign experience other than India but I was deputed from the Indian company. So, should I exclude those experiences from my EE profile?

Thanks in advance!
No, your designation is not sufficient for responsibilities. You need to look at the duties for your NOC (not sure what your NOC is, but here are the duties for 2173, as an example: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2173). The list of duties and responsibilities in your reference letter needs to cover 75% of the duties mentioned for the NOC.
So you need to have an actual list of duties.

If you don't need to claim points for them, leave them out of your work history, and just put them in your post-ITA personal history.
 

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
188
8
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
No, your designation is not sufficient for responsibilities. You need to look at the duties for your NOC (not sure what your NOC is, but here are the duties for 2173, as an example: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2173). The list of duties and responsibilities in your reference letter needs to cover 75% of the duties mentioned for the NOC.
So you need to have an actual list of duties.

If you don't need to claim points for them, leave them out of your work history, and just put them in your post-ITA personal history.
Cant thank you enough for quick response. I updated my EE profile last evening as per your suggestions. Thanks again!