+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience gained over different roles

Dord123

Jun 6, 2019
Hi

Thanks for reading!

I have worked for 18months in a NOC B job in Canada, and have a letter for 7 months of experience in England in the same role.

However I also have experience in Canada in NOC C roles.

Can these count as experience? From what I have read I expect the answer to be no. But you never know.

Thanks again

shahsrushti01

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-06-2019
Hi

Thanks for reading!

I have worked for 18months in a NOC B job in Canada, and have a letter for 7 months of experience in England in the same role.

However I also have experience in Canada in NOC C roles.

Can these count as experience? From what I have read I expect the answer to be no. But you never know.

Thanks again
No. you cannot merge it with experience of a foreign country which is less than a year. You should apply with the NOC B experience in canada as it is more than a year

Dord123

Jun 6, 2019
No. you cannot merge it with experience of a foreign country which is less than a year. You should apply with the NOC B experience in canada as it is more than a year

Thanks. And if I can get a letter of reference from another foreign employer in a different NOC code, will this also count? Or does that need to be in the same NOC code as my first reference letter mentioned above.

Many thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks. And if I can get a letter of reference from another foreign employer in a different NOC code, will this also count? Or does that need to be in the same NOC code as my first reference letter mentioned above.
As long as it is a skilled NOC and you have at least one year of experience, you can use it to gain points under foreign work experience. It does not have to be the same NOC.