+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience claculation

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have some.doubts about how work experience is calculated (not the length of hours worked but the time frame)
One of the requirements is that work experience should be gain within 3 years of applying.
Here is my question: this means that the experience is counted from the moment of the invitation is received or how is it?
For example: my work experience in Canada is from May 2017 to August 2018. If I get invited on May 2020 or before everything is good?

I know it is a bit complicated my question and my phrasing it is not the best. Please let me know if it is unclear and I will try to explain it better.

shahsrushti01

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-06-2019
Hello everyone.

I have some.doubts about how work experience is calculated (not the length of hours worked but the time frame)
One of the requirements is that work experience should be gain within 3 years of applying.
Here is my question: this means that the experience is counted from the moment of the invitation is received or how is it?
For example: my work experience in Canada is from May 2017 to August 2018. If I get invited on May 2020 or before everything is good?

I know it is a bit complicated my question and my phrasing it is not the best. Please let me know if it is unclear and I will try to explain it better.
You got it almost right. If you apply before May 2020- work experience is eligible. Invitation has nothing to do with it. Even though you get invitation in Aug 2020- it should be fine as you applied when you were within 3 years time frame
Hope this is not too complicated and helps!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone.

Almost. Because you are talking about eligibility criteria ( minimum of one year of work experience), you have to meet that criteria not only at the time you receive an invitation (ITA), but also when you actually submit your complete application (eAPR).

If your work experience was full time, you have more than one year of experience, so you have a bit more time. As long as you submit your complete eAPR before August 2020, you will meet the "one year within the past 3 years" requirement.

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Almost. Because you are talking about eligibility criteria ( minimum of one year of work experience), you have to meet that criteria not only at the time you receive an invitation (ITA), but also when you actually submit your complete application (eAPR).

If your work experience was full time, you have more than one year of experience, so you have a bit more time. As long as you submit your complete eAPR before August 2020, you will meet the "one year within the past 3 years" requirement.
Thank you for you answer, it was really helpful.
I hope to get an invitation soon. Right now my score is 455 since I got 8777 IELTS last month. Do you think it is going to drop 5 points in the next few draws ?

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
You got it almost right. If you apply before May 2020- work experience is eligible. Invitation has nothing to do with it. Even though you get invitation in Aug 2020- it should be fine as you applied when you were within 3 years time frame
Hope this is not too complicated and helps!
Thank you for the answer.

I am hoping the score will drop a few more points because I currently have 455 . Do you think it will happen?