+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will this be enough evidence?

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With my application I am going to include the following for proof of our relationship:
70+ photos
IM's printed
Screenshot of IM dates printed
Envelope addressed to the both of us
Copy of mine and his itineraries
Copy of our airline tickets
Copy and picture of birthday cards
Copy of visa stamped in passport
2-3 letters from family and friends

Is this enough? If not what else should I include?

Also, this is what my partner will include with his application.
Letter from employer
Bank Statement
Pay Stub
Letter from parents offering their home to us for the time being

Is this enough? If not then what do you recommend he include?

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Just a suggestion but you can also begin to plan ahead as well.

Add him to your home insurance.
Add him to your work dental and medical plan if you have one.
These are inexpensive or sometimes even free to do and shows your names together creating a life together.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frolic said:
Just a suggestion but you can also begin to plan ahead as well.

Add him to your home insurance.
Add him to your work dental and medical plan if you have one.
These are inexpensive or sometimes even free to do and shows your names together creating a life together.
I don't have any of that considering I am on a visitor visa in Canada.
Plus I don't know how to go about doing that.
Is mail addressed to the same address not enough?

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We don't own our own home and I don't think he has any dental or medical plans.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
You dont have to own a home to have insurance. You can have rental insurance.

If he doesn't have those plans then you can't do it without some cost of course. Was just a suggestion if he had.

Good luck.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
you can also open a joint account

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
you can also open a joint account
I think we will go with this route.
So will that be good enough evidence of our relationship?

Thank you all that posted suggestions. It truly helps. :)

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC people are really not consistant in this part of the process where a discretionary decision is called for. It all depends on the CIC official who looks at your file/case and their personal interpretations of what their obligations are. My wife and I sent only half of what you sent, but are ready to inundate them with much more if they get anal about it.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eric Parker said:
The CIC people are really not consistant in this part of the process where a discretionary decision is called for. It all depends on the CIC official who looks at your file/case and their personal interpretations of what their obligations are. My wife and I sent only half of what you sent, but are ready to inundate them with much more if they get anal about it.
I guess we will just send more if they need it.
May I ask what you included as proof with your application?
Oh and best of luck in your approval. :) Hope it is good news.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would definitely reccommend sending more things in support of your common law relationship. If you are living with his parents, looks like you wont have a joint lease, right? I would then certainly look to things like joint bank account, credit card, naming each other as beneficiary's on life insurance policy/RRSP etc..., joint utility bills... If he is a student, he should have dental/medical benefits through school, so have him add you as his spouse as well!

Also, 70 photos is probably excessive. Send enough that demonstrates you and your common law together, and with each other's family and friends. The IO is not going to look through 70 photos, so I would say a balance of proof is far better then an excessive amount of one thing, such as photos.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diddagirl said:
I would definitely reccommend sending more things in support of your common law relationship. If you are living with his parents, looks like you wont have a joint lease, right? I would then certainly look to things like joint bank account, credit card, naming each other as beneficiary's on life insurance policy/RRSP etc..., joint utility bills... If he is a student, he should have dental/medical benefits through school, so have him add you as his spouse as well!

Also, 70 photos is probably excessive. Send enough that demonstrates you and your common law together, and with each other's family and friends. The IO is not going to look through 70 photos, so I would say a balance of proof is far better then an excessive amount of one thing, such as photos.
We will include a joint bank account as well and he isn't a student. Just a full time worker.
I hope the joint bank account and mail will be enough...

And I have heard of alot of people sending 100+ photos and they say there is never too much so I figure I will be fine as far as photos go. I would rather have too much to offer than not enough.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ColorMePanda said:
We will include a joint bank account as well and he isn't a student. Just a full time worker.
I hope the joint bank account and mail will be enough...

And I have heard of alot of people sending 100+ photos and they say there is never too much so I figure I will be fine as far as photos go. I would rather have too much to offer than not enough.
Sorry, I must have mixed your post up with someone else's as I thought I read student ;) Even if he has benefits from work, good idea to add.... bank account willl definitely help!