+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my application face problems if I have no prior experience for my NOC B position?

narabaq

Jul 4, 2020
So I have a BSc from a 4-year program. I worked in my field for 6 months but I was laid-off. I was recently employed as a cook/floor supervisor by a standalone restaurant that I am planning to work another six months for. The position is quite easy in terms of how the tasks go because they stationed me in the tempura section, outside of which I simply prepare ingredients and overlook the workflow until it reaches the servers. The owner will write me a letter of employment as either a cook or a supervisor.

Here are my questions:
  1. I have no prior experience in either position. Will this become a problem when I apply for CEC express entry? I ask because as far as I can see, Canada wouldn't ask for anything that would assess my direct qualifications for the job, just documents to prove that I worked 30 hours full-time under a NOC-B or higher position.
  2. I worked in two NOC-B-level positions in one-year. Will this become a problem?

3. Is it okay to work 32 hours a week since Canada defines 30 hours a week as full-time for CEC express entry?

Thanks!

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
1. CIC do not care about "prior experiernce", whatever that means. prior to what? They only care that you have employment letters(or multiple letters if you have multiple jobs) which prove that you have worked under the category 0, A, B job adding up for a period of time of 1 year
2. as long as the employment letters show that your time in total is >= 1 year, no problem
3. you answered your own quetions. 32>30.

• Love
Reactions: narabaq