+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will a prior removal from U.S. disqualify a tourist visa application?

aquariansun

Feb 15, 2011
Hello,
I observed a reply to a previous question about inadmissibility to Canada but it was different than our situation. I am American (so is my daughter). My husband is Mexican received a 5-yr removal order from the U.S in 2001(he was not "arrested" or charged criminally with anything, he has a clean FBI record). We have lived in Mexico for over 5 yrs...and now we would like to apply for a Canadian tourist visa for him to spend a week on the lake in Ontario with family & friend. However, I see in the new application that there is a new question about a prior removal order. I tried getting info from the Visa Application Center in Mexico City as to whether his prior removal order would automatically disqualify him, but they said it was up to the Embassy. So I tried to call the Embassy but their phone message says you cannot speak with staff. I do not want to be dishonest, we would say yes he had a prior removal order, but I would prefer to not take the time to get him & my daughter passports & submit the application & pay the $100 if we have a 0% chance of him getting the visa & can't travel together to Canada. If we even have a slight chance of them accepting his application, I would do it.
Thank you in advance for any insight you may have to this matter.

aquariansun

Feb 15, 2011
To be more specific, his removal was just a routine removal for attempted entry over the border without inspection, and now we both live in Mexico. That was 10 yrs ago.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aquariansun said:
Hello,
I observed a reply to a previous question about inadmissibility to Canada but it was different than our situation. I am American (so is my daughter). My husband is Mexican received a 5-yr removal order from the U.S in 2001(he was not "arrested" or charged criminally with anything, he has a clean FBI record). We have lived in Mexico for over 5 yrs...and now we would like to apply for a Canadian tourist visa for him to spend a week on the lake in Ontario with family & friend. However, I see in the new application that there is a new question about a prior removal order. I tried getting info from the Visa Application Center in Mexico City as to whether his prior removal order would automatically disqualify him, but they said it was up to the Embassy. So I tried to call the Embassy but their phone message says you cannot speak with staff. I do not want to be dishonest, we would say yes he had a prior removal order, but I would prefer to not take the time to get him & my daughter passports & submit the application & pay the $100 if we have a 0% chance of him getting the visa & can't travel together to Canada. If we even have a slight chance of them accepting his application, I would do it.
Thank you in advance for any insight you may have to this matter.
Hi,

In my opinion, getting a TRV for him wouldn't be a problem... even if u respond to that question in 'affirmative' [which u must].

Qorax
Ps.: This is in response to your PM.

Send report
PM could not be sent to 'aquariansun' as their inbox is full!

aquariansun

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks Qorax- sorry my inbox holds all of 2 messages so I guess it's full already!
One vote of courage is enough for me to go ahead and submit the application. I was definitely planning on having him say "yes" but just needed to know if it was an absolute application killer b4hand.
Wish us luck...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aquariansun said:
Thanks Qorax- sorry my inbox holds all of 2 messages so I guess it's full already!
One vote of courage is enough for me to go ahead and submit the application. I was definitely planning on having him say "yes" but just needed to know if it was an absolute application killer b4hand.
Wish us luck...
The 'inbox' gets to open-up as u 'post' more on the forum...

All the Best !
Qorax

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I definitely would give it a try. You really have nothing to lose except for the money of course. Make sure he provides plenty of evidence of ties to his home country for example property, family, letter from employer , financials.

Good luck with it!!!