+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which visa for nanny to visit USA with their employer? (Philippean Passport)

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Ok, Long story short, my girlfriend is a nanny and is in Canada as a live-in caregiver. She is not a permanent resident yet nor is she a citizen. Her employer wants to go on vacations to the United States and take her as the nanny for the 2 children. They had her apply for a B1/B2 visa with the United States. What I want to know is, is she alright working in the US with that visa? She is going for the interview next week and plans on telling them the truth as to why she is going and that she will be working (she would never lie). Also, if she is granted that visa, is he allowed to travel there without her employer?

Side question, does anyone know the process of getting a return visa from Canada? I read that she will have to have some sort of forms from Canada stating the date she is coming back ect, so that she won't get turned away when she tries to re-enter Canada.

I am a bit nervous about this because her employer seems to just be forcing her to apply fast as they want to travel, but I want to make 100% sure that we are going about this the proper way and that she will not be in any trouble or have any issues with her Canadian papers.

Thanks