+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one to start [CSQ]

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have simple question to be sure about my situation. I would appreciate it if someone shares an opinion. I am a QC graduate and have an open work permit. I have been working for one year after graduation and I would like to apply for PEQ. What I understand that there are 2 PEQ, one for workers one for Quebec graduates. So I am both of them and I guess program for Quebec graduates is better for me. Am I right ? Secondly, the applications are not made on Arima, they should be send by mail, is that right, too?

And lastly, I didn't understand if the value test is after the application or before.

Thanks in advance.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have simple question to be sure about my situation. I would appreciate it if someone shares an opinion. I am a QC graduate and have an open work permit. I have been working for one year after graduation and I would like to apply for PEQ. What I understand that there are 2 PEQ, one for workers one for Quebec graduates. So I am both of them and I guess program for Quebec graduates is better for me. Am I right ? Secondly, the applications are not made on Arima, they should be send by mail, is that right, too?

And lastly, I didn't understand if the value test is after the application or before.

Thanks in advance.
Why do you think program for Quebec graduate is better for you?

Correct, No Arrima only by post.

Value test - once you submit application a couple of weeks after that.

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Why do you think program for Quebec graduate is better for you?

Correct, No Arrima only by post.

Value test - once you submit application a couple of weeks after that.
Hi Immstu, many thanks for your reply.

I will be completing one year of work experience on December. I just thought if I could get CSQ before that date, I could apply by PEQ- Quebec Graduate. I graduated in 2019 so I even don't know if CSQ processing time is 20 days for grads since it is indicated that processing times changed to 6 months. However, it is not clear if this change is effective for people like me.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi Immstu, many thanks for your reply.

I will be completing one year of work experience on December. I just thought if I could get CSQ before that date, I could apply by PEQ- Quebec Graduate. I graduated in 2019 so I even don't know if CSQ processing time is 20 days for grads since it is indicated that processing times changed to 6 months. However, it is not clear if this change is effective for people like me.
Okay, got it now. Apply under graduate stream of peq. New reforms don't apply to you. Processing times are six months for both peq.
What are you submitting for french Language proficiency?

Last edited:

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Okay, got it now. Apply under graduate stream of peq. New reforms don't apply to you. Processing times are six months for both peq.
What are submitting for french Language proficiency?
I got TCF Quebec tests and passed them with B2 and C1. I just wonder if there is any advantage of applying to PEQ under skilled worker program than to QC graduate?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I got TCF Quebec tests and passed them with B2 and C1. I just wonder if there is any advantage of applying to PEQ under skilled worker program than to QC graduate?
Ok. Both are same. No preferential treatment over other. Both have individual quotas per year.

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
@Immstu
Hi,
I'm looking to start my arrima process by next year October
I have few doubts.

À little briefing about my profile
25 m / single
Bachelors in business ( distance education)
Bachelors in psychology
3- years paid experience during the above said course
Delf B2
Ielts - clb 9
My experience isn't technical so I have no hope of getting a job offer in québec

So next year my degree and 3 year work experience will be done and I've planned to apply as soon its done
* what do you think about my profile is arrima way OK for me? I prefer this over ee considering the number of people applying in EE I'm worried. But I guess in arrima way the number of applications is less, I might be wrong

Also knowing French and delf B2 might help me?
Do I need wes for my degree

Is my profile better off with a pg diploma (1 year) distance education to claim points - if so I can do it in my home country (its wes approved yet)

Is delf B2 enough with the required score to claim points for French or should I take tefaq/tef Canada..
Will hiring an advocate in québec help me with applying without any errors
What is the approx timeline for my application, If I apply by December next year with all the foresaid documents

II've read that to get qsq it take almost 2 years.? True?
After getting qsc enter into ee and do all the process over there too? Waiting with other applicants, or is it given more preferenc that I've qsc.?

Do you think I should look into any other programs. Any province and any program is OK for me!

Please help me with this, thank you so much!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
@Immstu
Hi,
I'm looking to start my arrima process by next year October
I have few doubts.

À little briefing about my profile
25 m / single
Bachelors in business ( distance education)
Bachelors in psychology
3- years paid experience during the above said course
Delf B2
Ielts - clb 9
My experience isn't technical so I have no hope of getting a job offer in québec

So next year my degree and 3 year work experience will be done and I've planned to apply as soon its done
* what do you think about my profile is arrima way OK for me? I prefer this over ee considering the number of people applying in EE I'm worried. But I guess in arrima way the number of applications is less, I might be wrong

Also knowing French and delf B2 might help me?
Do I need wes for my degree

Is my profile better off with a pg diploma (1 year) distance education to claim points - if so I can do it in my home country (its wes approved yet)

Is delf B2 enough with the required score to claim points for French or should I take tefaq/tef Canada..
Will hiring an advocate in québec help me with applying without any errors
What is the approx timeline for my application, If I apply by December next year with all the foresaid documents

II've read that to get qsq it take almost 2 years.? True?
After getting qsc enter into ee and do all the process over there too? Waiting with other applicants, or is it given more preferenc that I've qsc.?

Do you think I should look into any other programs. Any province and any program is OK for me!

Please help me with this, thank you so much!
In Arrima, at the moment, without VJO, getting an invite isn't possible.