+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is the Best High School in Toronto

masrani

Mar 8, 2011
Hi,
My daugther would be moving to toronto shortly. Shes currently completed her grade X (CBSE - Indian system). Can some body suggest Good Hight Schools in Toronto where she can start her grade XI and what would be the procedure for admission.
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't know which is the best in Toronto. For admissions, you can check this link and select individual secondary schools and their websites for information:

http://www.tdsb.on.ca/schools/tdsb_school_search/SearchBySchool.asp?letter=E&show=AllSecondary

Earl Haig SS is one of the best in Toronto.

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Depending on where she lives there will be schools that she is designated to attend. This is done by geographic boundaries. If she wants to attend a school outside of her designated areas, she has to apply to the other school and get written approval by the principal of the 'home' (designated) school, the school she wants to attend to and the area educational superintendent.

If the school outside of your area is full (at capacity) they can decline your admission.

If you want to attend a private school you can apply anywhere (are not limited by geography) however you will pay for it. Most start at 15k per school year and can go considerably higher depending on the school.

Most students attend in the 'public (non-Denominational)' or 'separate (Catholic)' school system, which is free and available to all eligible students. We pay for supporting the public or separate school system through our taxes.

canedu

Apr 20, 2011
Hi Masrani,

You might want to consider Bronte College in Mississauga, a safe, more residential suburb of Toronto, but also just 20 minutes away from downtown Toronto. They are an AP boarding school with grades 9-12. Their fees are also quite reasonable. Tuition fees are CAD $10,200 - 12,800/grade and they also offer single rooms in the residence. Both their residence and cafeteria are open on holidays, which makes it super convenient for your daughter to stay and not have to find alternative accommodation (which is normal boarding school practice - students to have to vacate the premises during holidays and school breaks). Furthermore they are a good school, quite a lot of their grads go to U of T each year.

Good luck!

MarryForrows

Apr 28, 2011
United States
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, searching for schools in Toronto is easy you have the power in your hands, the Internet can be a great help in
searching for schools, for example you could try searching boarding school directory. It also depends on where she lives,
there are lots of great schools but the choice is in your hands.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masrani said:
Hi,
My daugther would be moving to toronto shortly. Shes currently completed her grade X (CBSE - Indian system). Can some body suggest Good Hight Schools in Toronto where she can start her grade XI and what would be the procedure for admission.
Thanks

Hi,

Check these link may helps

hmisabpk

Following is the list of school by rank in Mississauga.

http://www.susihomes.com/Mississauga-public-schools-elementary-districts-best-top-rated-peel-education.html

http://www.amitandroy.com/best-schools/elementary-school-kenollie-public-school

http://ontario.compareschoolrankings.org/SchoolsByArea.aspx?schooltype=secondary

http://mississaugass.peelschools.org/aboutus/contactus.htm

Toronto Public school ranking is following

http://www.tdsb.on.ca/wwwdocuments/about_us/external_research_application/docs/LOI2011.pdf

EliJustin

Apr 26, 2013
according to me you can try A.R.S. Armenian School and Bayview Glen School schools in Toronto......

mirzi

Feb 19, 2013
Hello everyone!
I'm Anwar Mirza.
I have received my Canadian visas and will be going to Mississauga, Toronto in July 2013.

I have done 1st year of A levels that follows the Cambridge board systems!
I completed my O Levels in 2012.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing upon reaching to Canada?

Should I go to a high school?
If yes then which year will I be going to and how long would it take me to complete it?

Waiting for an informative reply!

birds

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
I also have same question .If any one can help us? Is studying in grade 12 directly will be difficult and if one is overage for grade 12 then what will happen.

kavitha1

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013 (done before submission), re-medical Nov 10, 2014
Passport Req..
January 7th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in process since (June 20th 2014)- Decision Made- March-07-2015
LANDED..........
received passport back with VISA- March 20th 2015
mirzi said:
Hello everyone!
I'm Anwar Mirza.
I have received my Canadian visas and will be going to Mississauga, Toronto in July 2013.

I have done 1st year of A levels that follows the Cambridge board systems!
I completed my O Levels in 2012.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing upon reaching to Canada?

Should I go to a high school?
If yes then which year will I be going to and how long would it take me to complete it?

Waiting for an informative reply!

Every region has a public board - look for the intake centre for new immigrants - the public school you get placed depends on where you live - postal code.

There are many opportunities for students who are over age or adults to get credits here. Consult the school board website for their specific location

Cartermorin

Oct 29, 2013
Hi..

Guys its depend on your budget and location which will comfort to you, there are lots of the best school in Toronto

Hillmount (Public) C15 Hillcrest Village

Kennedy (Public) E05 Steeles

Seneca Hill (Public) C15 Don Valley Village

St Michael’s Choir (Catholic & Private) C08 Church - Yonge Corridor

Thanks...

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Dear hmisabpk and seniors,

Want to know if school of my kids is bit far away from my residence. Is it the school which is bound to pick my kids from near to my house or in some cases they may deny, and I have to make arrangements of my own for pick and drop ! I am talking about the public schools. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hasni said:
Dear hmisabpk and seniors,

Want to know if school of my kids is bit far away from my residence. Is it the school which is bound to pick my kids from near to my house or in some cases they may deny, and I have to make arrangements of my own for pick and drop ! I am talking about the public schools. Thanks
For your children to be accepted into a public school, you almost always have to be living in the area covered by that school. It doesn't matter if you make your own drop off and pick up plans. To attend a particular school, you must almost always live in the area that is covered by that school. So if you want to make sure your children can attend a particular school, you should buy or rent a property that is in the right neightbourhood.