+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which internet service provider (ISP) do you use in Windsor, ON?

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I've been looking at some apartments, and I gotta say, I've been disappointed with the state of the buildings.
But I think I'll be ok with the dilapidated infrastructure as long as the internet connection is good.

I play games to de-stress, so I'll need some good ping and speeds.
I used Comcast in the US with 125 Mbps download speed, and it was alright.
Does anyone have any recommendations for ISPs in Windsor?

I checked out Roger and Bell's fiber availability, and none of the buildings that I've been looking at are available, unfortunately. :(

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I've been looking at some apartments, and I gotta say, I've been disappointed with the state of the buildings.
But I think I'll be ok with the dilapidated infrastructure as long as the internet connection is good.

I play games to de-stress, so I'll need some good ping and speeds.
I used Comcast in the US with 125 Mbps download speed, and it was alright.
Does anyone have any recommendations for ISPs in Windsor?

I checked out Roger and Bell's fiber availability, and none of the buildings that I've been looking at are available, unfortunately. :(
You can only go with whatever service provider available with that building. Or possibly you can try if you can get satellite/mobile broadband.
But Cogeco has good speed what you expect and widely available in Windsor and i highly doubt that you use-need that much speed of 125 mbps in reality. So i doubt that this is a matter of concern except your perception.
https://www.cogeco.ca/en/internet/packages

Looks like you just need few mbps, not 125 mbps.
https://www.xfinity.com/hub/internet/internet-speed-for-gaming#:~:text=What Internet speed do I,1 Mbps of upload speed.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
You can only go with whatever service provider available with that building. Or possibly you can try if you can get satellite/mobile broadband.
But Cogeco has good speed what you expect and widely available in Windsor and i highly doubt that you use-need that much speed of 125 mbps in reality. So i doubt that this is a matter of concern except your perception.
https://www.cogeco.ca/en/internet/packages

Looks like you just need few mbps, not 125 mbps.
https://www.xfinity.com/hub/internet/internet-speed-for-gaming#:~:text=What Internet speed do I,1 Mbps of upload speed.
Interesting. Thanks for finding the article.
I actually regard ping more important, but it's not really disclosed from ISPs.

The thing is, I use Nvidia Geforce Now to play games.
It's Nvidia's streaming service, where the games are run on its servers and I basically stream it on my end like watching Youtube videos.
So I guess the download speed is important in regard?
I'm not really computer-savvy, so if someone else has a better answer, please correct me.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Interesting. Thanks for finding the article.
I actually regard ping more important, but it's not really disclosed from ISPs.

The thing is, I use Nvidia Geforce Now to play games.
It's Nvidia's streaming service, where the games are run on its servers and I basically stream it on my end like watching Youtube videos.
So I guess the download speed is important in regard?
I'm not really computer-savvy, so if someone else has a better answer, please correct me.
Yes you need download i guess but not sure. Eitherway, i used to run dozen 1080 cards for mining with the cogeco speed of 40mbps.
I still doubt that i used full 40mbs as most isp dont even provide full capacity consistently. So speed should not be an issue even with 40mbps for living in windsor.

Last edited: