+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where to land?

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
I aksed this question to Leon in another topic, but I hope to find my answer here where this topic should be posted off course.

My partner and I will visit Canada sometime soon, both as PR and will be considered landed immigrant. While looking for tickets, it appers to be a bit cheaper to buy tickets from Paris to Montréal. I know that Quebéc has its own rules and regulations regarding landed immigrants, so I wonder if that is true and whether I can just fly to any port of entry en apply for my PR card upon arrival?

Otherwise, I will just hold on to the perhaps wiser decision to fly to either Toronto or Vancouver.

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Usually, if you are trying to land in Quebec they ask for CSQ (Québec Selection Certificate) during landing.

If you can show your onward journey (or any job offer) for a place other than Quebec you might be able to land in case of Federal Skilled Immigration.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
You "land" the first place the plane lands in Canada. If you can show you have intentions to live somewhere other than in Quebec and plan to leave the province right away, you might be OK to land at Montreal Dorval aeroport. For example, if you intend to rent a car or take the bus or train from Montreal to Ottawa, I find it hard to believe they would refuse to let you land in Montreal. Check with CBSA to be sure.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Thank you both for your advices on behalf of my issue.
As it seemed to be kind of a problem to show where I am heading for etc, so I decided to rebook/reschedule my flight and so far, so good.

I fly via Chicago and hopefully out there at Chicago O'Hare they are not going to ask too much.