Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Dear Folks,
My study permit is gonna be expire on 31 March, 2012. When should I apply for study permit extension and how much bank statement needed for extension?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
Dear Folks,
My study permit is gonna be expire on 31 March, 2012. When should I apply for study permit extension and how much bank statement needed for extension?
Hi,

1. Atleast 30 days before the expiry of study permit.
2. No bank statement is required if continuing the same course.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
but many of my friends telling me that you have to have show atleast $5000 in your account in order to extend your permit. But, the thing is I just paid my Tuition fee and I don't have any savings left in my account. I have my college letter which states that I am full time student and my course will finish in December 2012 and I also have my official transcript ready just waiting for my funds issue in bank.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
but many of my friends telling me that you have to have show atleast $5000 in your account in order to extend your permit. But, the thing is I just paid my Tuition fee and I don't have any savings left in my account. I have my college letter which states that I am full time student and my course will finish in December 2012 and I also have my official transcript ready just waiting for my funds issue in bank.
Hi,

Read it again;

"2. No bank statement is required if continuing the same course."

I used the word 'continuing', means if extending study permit for a NEW course, you need to show your first year tuition + living expenses.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I know You said no bank statement required but I asked my International Department they told me that minimum $1500 are required to show

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
I know You said no bank statement required but I asked my International Department they told me that minimum $1500 are required to show
:)

Once again,

"2. No bank statement is
required if CONTINUING the
same course."

means if you wish to start a NEW course + to get an extension of a study permit, you need to show tuition fees + living expenses.