+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when is it too late to withdraw your application

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2009
When is it too late to withdraw an application...If I sponsor my conjugal partner and he got a PR Visa...could I break up with him and that Visa would not be Valid?

Would he be stopped at the border as soon as he says we are no longer dating..although he has a Visa to become a PR?

Thanks,

Mary

dnice

Nov 14, 2008
if they have their PR visa, I believe the process is completed, and you will be responsible financially for 3 years.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Are you wishing to withdraw your application or the sponsorship?? You can withdraw your undertaking as long as the immigrant visa has not been issued. Once the visa is issued you cannot change or withdraw your undertaking in any way.

As for the application, you can withdraw it up until the applicant has physically landed - I do believe. [but if the visa has been issued into their passport, I think you are responsible for them if they do enter Canada within the 3 following years....]

Here is something I found on the net, that is more descriptive:

If you change your mind about sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children, you must write a letter to CPC-M before they are issued permanent resident visas (see What Happens Next? for information on the application process).

Once permanent resident visas are issued, the promise you, and if applicable, your co-signer, made to support your family is valid for the term of your undertaking.

If you decide to withdraw your sponsorship after the CPC begins processing the application for permanent residence, you will not receive a refund. If CIC has already issued a visa, or your relative or family member has already become a permanent resident, you cannot withdraw your sponsorship; you are obliged to support your relative or family member.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rasha said:
Are you wishing to withdraw your application or the sponsorship?? You can withdraw your undertaking as long as the immigrant visa has not been issued. Once the visa is issued you cannot change or withdraw your undertaking in any way.

As for the application, you can withdraw it up until the applicant has physically landed - I do believe. [but if the visa has been issued into their passport, I think you are responsible for them if they do enter Canada within the 3 following years....]

Here is something I found on the net, that is more descriptive:

If you change your mind about sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children, you must write a letter to CPC-M before they are issued permanent resident visas (see What Happens Next? for information on the application process).

Once permanent resident visas are issued, the promise you, and if applicable, your co-signer, made to support your family is valid for the term of your undertaking.

If you decide to withdraw your sponsorship after the CPC begins processing the application for permanent residence, you will not receive a refund. If CIC has already issued a visa, or your relative or family member has already become a permanent resident, you cannot withdraw your sponsorship; you are obliged to support your relative or family member.
Not quite right, the Federal court has ruled that a PR visa can be canceled if the sponsorship is withdraw at any point up to where the person has "landed"

PMM