+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the situation of Industrial Pharmacist job vacancies

vamshivalala

Dec 18, 2018
here i'm from India having industrial experience 4+ yrs. planning for PR in Canada, I want to know the frequency of jobs from pharma industry? Most of the consultancy say for NOC 3131 need to clear pharmacist exam in Canada. Was exam is mandatory for industrial pharmacist?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The industrial pharmacy industry is small and has been contracting. Most positions will require you to be licensed as a pharmacist in Canada. There has been a huge increase in Canadian pharmacy graduates in Canada over the past 10 years and there is now a surplus in many areas. Salaries have been decreasing especially in large cities. Make sue you are looking at current salary expectations because they were much higher even 10-15 years ago.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All depends on what you are expecting out of Canada? It is challenging to qualify as a pharmacist and then you may struggle to find a job or not making the money you expected or have to work evenings and weekends. There is still a very large volume of pharmacists immigrating to Canada. While it was possible to absorb many of the pharmacists immigrating even 15 years ago there seems to be more pharmacists immigrating but actually there are less opportunities. The reimbursement schemes have changed in some provinces and will also happen in other provinces. That means that smaller independent pharmacies will likely not be profitable. India has a huge pharmaceutical industry and Canada has a small one that is shrinking.

vamshivalala

Dec 18, 2018
should we start new carrier in Canada by doing Odd jobs, will Pharmacy graduates have any chance in increasing CRS with help of PNP program

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
should we start new carrier in Canada by doing Odd jobs, will Pharmacy graduates have any chance in increasing CRS with help of PNP program
Pharmacy jobs will still pay more than odd jobs. Pharmacists are unlikely to qualify for PNP because they aren't jobs that are needed. PNP tries to recruit professions that are needed in that province. I'd just encourage you to do your research and look what type of jobs are posted and where. Look at the size of pharmaceutical manufacturing in Canada. Look at your current quality of life and current salary and look at whether it makes sense to immigrate. You also have to factor in getting licensed. Many take a few attempts to pass both exams. Many communities are obsessed with immigrating to either the US, UK, Australia or Canada. Canada has become the "it" country because their immigration policies are currently the easiest. People may not be actually being honest about whether their lifestyle is not as good. With pharmacy in particular you really need current information or your expectations when it comes to things like salary could be off by a huge amount.

Reactions: vishwakaneriya
Aug 26, 2019
here I'm from India having industrial experience 1 yr and also 1 yr experience as an academic professor in pharmacy college. planning for PR in Canada, I want to know the frequency of jobs from the pharma industry? also
what is the current scenario for pharmacy professors in canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
here I'm from India having industrial experience 1 yr and also 1 yr experience as an academic professor in pharmacy college. planning for PR in Canada, I want to know the frequency of jobs from the pharma industry? also
Your first question has already been answered above. Please read through the earlier discussions in this thread.

For your second question, professor teaching positions are generally extremely difficult to secure.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless you have a PhD or a masters plus a lot of experience it will be incredibly difficult to get a teaching job in Canada. In general it is quite hard to become a university professor and teaching at a college does not pay enough to make a full-time career for most. The pharmaceutical industry has been contracting over the past 20 years. It will really depend on what your area of expertise and your area of interest but you have almost no experience so you would be competing with new Canadian graduates. The pharmacy profession is really going through a tough time due to a huge surplus of pharmacists which keeps on getting worse. It will keep getting worse until les foreign trained graduates are approved and the enrolment at Canadian schools go down.