+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the name of this job?

MaGl

May 10, 2018
Hey.
Some time ago i talked to a guy about his job in northern Quebec or Northern Territories, i don't recall exactly where. Anyway, the job is basically working for 6 (?) weeks followed by 2 (?) weeks of vacation. If i remember correctly the work field was either gold mining, oil drilling or something (but i'm not sure), but it was onshore, not on the sea. Anyway, they get flown up there with a helicopter or airplane, like multiple hours deep into the woods. There they set camp in teams of 5 or so people and work with their machines for the aforementioned period of time and so on.
I was just wondering if any of you has ever heard of this job profile and could tell me for which keyword i have to search to find an employer in that field.
Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is NorthWestern Territories but no Northern Territories.

It's probably a scam! Besides, no employers in this forum.

MaGl

May 10, 2018
It definitely is no scam. It was a young dude that i met randomly in a private setting. We did small talk and he mentioned his work. I was not interested in a new job at that time so i didn't take notes or kept his number. It was just verbal information, writing the territories' name incorrectly here was my mistake (never been there, never talked about them ;)).
I'm also not writing here in search of an employer. Since i only have vague information about the job, i just want to find out what would be its labeling, in order to be able to search and contact an employer on my own initiative thereafter.
Anyway, thanks for your quick reply, i hope someone else might recognize what i'm searching for.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It definitely is no scam. It was a young dude that i met randomly in a private setting. We did small talk and he mentioned his work. I was not interested in a new job at that time so i didn't take notes or kept his number. It was just verbal information, writing the territories' name incorrectly here was my mistake (never been there, never talked about them ;)).
I'm also not writing here in search of an employer. Since i only have vague information about the job, i just want to find out what would be its labeling, in order to be able to search and contact an employer on my own initiative thereafter.
Anyway, thanks for your quick reply, i hope someone else might recognize what i'm searching for.
Are you already a PR or have a PR application in process given unlikely you could get an employer sponsored LMIA for such a job.

MaGl

May 10, 2018
No to both of your questions. But i'm almost sure that you don't need this for those kind of jobs. Apparently a lot of young foreign guys on their travels work in these jobs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No one is going to be able to give you an exact answer, as there are NUMEROUS such camp jobs in a variety of industries.

No to both of your questions. But i'm almost sure that you don't need this for those kind of jobs. Apparently a lot of young foreign guys on their travels work in these jobs.
Either the employer has an LMIA, the workers have open work permits or they are working illegally.