+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best approach toward this types of questions, Reading

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hi
I've confronted with a academic passage which was contains difficulty questions such as writer's claim , multiple choice , filling the blanks (around 5-6 questions each)

and the terrible portion was, questions do not go in order for filling the blanks and multiple choice .
How could deal with this ?
I mean, should first, the Y N NG be solved?then goes to the next one ? but it is taken remarkable time!!!No , this is not a proper solution to tackle these types of combination .

it takes me more than 20 minutes to find out all answers :(

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
3. Do not try to read or understand the whole passage. Develop the skill of locating specific information in the passage based on the question asked. If the question has a ‘where’ look for a place in the passage; if it has a ‘when’ look for information relating to time in the passage

Reactions: santi_marlon

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
4. Understand all the question types that you may encounter. Some question types have answers that come in order. Constant practice will make this automatic for you and help save time

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
5. While practicing, take note of the question types that you find more challenging. For me, it was TRUE/FALSE/NG. Dedicate special effort to practice these more till you understand how to tackle them. E2 IELTS and IELTZ liz are great resources to use to improve your reading technique

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
6. I highly recommend practicing with IeltsLIZ’s reading course or her blog; you will find it extremely useful
And this inquiry might be crazy, in-advance I'm apology about this question
For getting band 9 in General , Is there any threshold numbers of practicing passage or I'm not sure how I could reach my purpose:(
I mean , after practicing certain amount of reading passage like 100 , it would be consolidated on band 9 for every passage's difficulty

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
And this inquiry might be crazy, in-advance I'm apology about this question
For getting band 9 in General , Is there any threshold numbers of practicing passage or I'm not sure how I could reach my purpose:(
I mean , after practicing certain amount of reading passage like 100 , it would be consolidated on band 9 for every passage's difficulty
Well, there’s no general consensus. Depending on the level and ability of each person the approach is unique to them. Some people need to practice more; some only have to do just enough. So it varies from individuals to individuals.