Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I had my interview 2 months ago and the VO told me that they will push to approve my application. I was deported from Canada and CIC knows that I will need ARC. Well, my IO that is handling my case wasn't sure if I do or don't need Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) but he still said that he will push to get it approved. I also got my Meds redo form at the interview and had my meds sent in a week after the interview.

My last BFD was on the last day of the same month I had the interview and though an inquiry from my MP, the IO made notes on my files that they believe our relationship is real and my medicals have been received and acknowledged. I still haven't received any formal letters from the VO informing me in writing that my interview went well.

The next BFD on my file is November 30 and I am beginning to worry because I don't know how much longer this process will take seeing that nothing has come for me in the mail to date. I have already paid my RPRF. Everything else is up to date on my file.

Could someone guide me in what to look out for in the next steps? Maybe the processes CIC is taking internally to finalize the application?

My thought is the IO might have sent out a letter which is taking forever to reach to me stating that I need to pay the processing fees to get ARC processed and they are running my background checks. Hence, the next BFD at the end of this month.

Any suggestions, comments and thoughts from previous experiences will be appreciated.

Thanks.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If the relationship is assessed as genuine, the meds are done, and they haven't asked for any additional police certificates, then all that remains it the background check. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait for that, and it varies greatly how long it takes.

If it drags on for an extended period of time, you can at least try to confirm that CSIS got the file:

http://immipedia.ca/CSIS

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
confusednscared said:
I had my interview 2 months ago and the VO told me that they will push to approve my application. I was deported from Canada and CIC knows that I will need ARC. Well, my IO that is handling my case wasn't sure if I do or don't need Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) but he still said that he will push to get it approved. I also got my Meds redo form at the interview and had my meds sent in a week after the interview.

My last BFD was on the last day of the same month I had the interview and though an inquiry from my MP, the IO made notes on my files that they believe our relationship is real and my medicals have been received and acknowledged. I still haven't received any formal letters from the VO informing me in writing that my interview went well.

The next BFD on my file is November 30 and I am beginning to worry because I don't know how much longer this process will take seeing that nothing has come for me in the mail to date. I have already paid my RPRF. Everything else is up to date on my file.

Could someone guide me in what to look out for in the next steps? Maybe the processes CIC is taking internally to finalize the application?

My thought is the IO might have sent out a letter which is taking forever to reach to me stating that I need to pay the processing fees to get ARC processed and they are running my background checks. Hence, the next BFD at the end of this month.

Any suggestions, comments and thoughts from previous experiences will be appreciated.

Thanks.
this is going to sound awful, but seeing that no one got any documentation for the last couple of weeks from the trinidad embassy, i thought that perhaps a VO was retired/died or something..and everything is stuck somewhere...seriously...something strange is going on at that office.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
LOL .. that's perhaps true :(

I hope this isn't the case for us though *crossing fingers*

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
It may not be as far off as you think. The District Imm Manager for Kingston retired and they found a bunch of cases collecting dust in his office when they did an audit last spring. Took quite a few months to repalce him as well. It is all back in line now though apparently and they seem to be moving forward finally.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
canuck0469 said:
It may not be as far off as you think. The District Imm Manager for Kingston retired and they found a bunch of cases collecting dust in his office when they did an audit last spring. Took quite a few months to repalce him as well. It is all back in line now though apparently and they seem to be moving forward finally.
I heard about that story. These IO's only know how and when to play with a person's emotions. It really hurts that no one at the VO or within the Government sees any flaw in this snail pace system.

Does a letter really take more than 2 months to reach its destination in regular mail?