+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happened if your husband will give you divorce after one month in Canada

sugneshunja

Jan 27, 2011
Hello guys,

This is your friend. I got my PR Card in Canada. My husband wants to file divorce after landing in Canada after 4 months. So can you please discuss what happen with my PR Status? I have to go back to home country or I can stay in Canada forever???????

God bless you guys and please help me out. I live in Toronto. I pray to God that my husband wants to file divorce but this will not happen with any girl?

Cheers buddy.

Canadian_girl

Jan 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you have been granted permanent residency, you can stay in Canada for the rest of your life, even if you get a divorce.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
If you landed in Canada and got your PR card nobody can make you leave. You are now a permanant resident of Canada regardless of whether your husband wishes to divorce and you can stay here for the rest of your life. He cannot make you leave and you do not have to return to your old country.

You should go to your local womens association or to see a lawyer. You have rights and if your husband sponsored you he is responsible for you for 3 years financially. You do not have to stay with him... go to a womens shelter and get free advice as to your rights.

Don't worry - the law is on your side!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugneshunja said:
Hello guys,

This is your friend. I got my PR Card in Canada. My husband wants to file divorce after landing in Canada after 4 months. So can you please discuss what happen with my PR Status? I have to go back to home country or I can stay in Canada forever???????

God bless you guys and please help me out. I live in Toronto. I pray to God that my husband wants to file divorce but this will not happen with any girl?

Cheers buddy.
You are a PR, but who sponsored who?

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Baloo said:
You are a PR, but who sponsored who?
Exactly. If you sponsored him then you've been duped.

S

steve.australia

I am commerce graduate and worked as a insurance adjuster. Am I eligible for Canada Federal PR? Please help me out....Thanks......