+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents were you asked to bring to your interview?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey all,

I have my interview scheduled for next week and my letter is very general. It doesn't have much information. I was wondering what documents you were asked to bring to your interview.

Here is what it says:

If additional documents are required, a form letter outlining those which you should bring with you to the interview will be attached to this latter.

Please bring your passport, all original documents and this letter when you come in for your interview.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

NEXT PAGE:

The following ORIGINAL documents should be brought to the interview. (Note: if already submitted, please disregard)

1. Valid passport and all passports previously held by you
2. Your Birth Certificate
3. Your marriage certificate
4. Additional evidence

My marriage certificate was issued in Canada and I have submitted a photocopy with my application. I don't have the original here with me because I only got this letter yesterday in the mail and my interview is very soon. Would it be a biggie for the IO that I don't have my original marriage certificate seeing that it was issued in Canada?

I have already gathered tons of additional evidence (over 300 pages in hard evidence)

What should I be expecting seeing that we are a gay couple and are 13 years apart. I have been deported from Canada due to a failed Refugee and PRRA application. Would the IO be questioning me on my previous history too in Canada? Should I also bring those documents from Canada to show the IO?

I am very confused because the letter is too general and I really would appreciate if some of you that have already gone through the spousal interview part share your letters or experiences in terms of documents, etc.

Thanks.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Our letter said to bring documentation, not specific documents!

Good luck with the interview.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
confusednscared said:
The following ORIGINAL documents should be brought to the interview. (Note: if already submitted, please disregard)

1. Valid passport and all passports previously held by you
2. Your Birth Certificate
3. Your marriage certificate
4. Additional evidence

My marriage certificate was issued in Canada and I have submitted a photocopy with my application. I don't have the original here with me because I only got this letter yesterday in the mail and my interview is very soon. Would it be a biggie for the IO that I don't have my original marriage certificate seeing that it was issued in Canada?
Do you have time to get it sent by Fed Ex or some other courier? If not, just explain to the VO that you didn't have enough time to get it, and if it is necessary you will bring it in later.
I have already gathered tons of additional evidence (over 300 pages in hard evidence)
Bring it all in! But keep in mind the VO may very well not want to see it. Still, it's best to have it if needed.
What should I be expecting seeing that we are a gay couple and are 13 years apart. I have been deported from Canada due to a failed Refugee and PRRA application. Would the IO be questioning me on my previous history too in Canada? Should I also bring those documents from Canada to show the IO?
I'm sure the VO will question you about your life in Canada, your deportation, and your failed applications. Try to stay calm and answer in detail. If you have these docs with you, I'd take them - again, just in case.
It should not matter that you are a gay couple. The age difference, IMHO, matters less than with a straight couple. If asked about the age difference, just say it doesn't matter to either of you.
I am very confused because the letter is too general and I really would appreciate if some of you that have already gone through the spousal interview part share your letters or experiences in terms of documents, etc.
The letter my husband got was just like yours, but there was no list of documents attached. The VO looked at everything my husband brought in (evidence of contact since the application, more photos, and the originals of certain documents), but she only glanced at them very quickly. She certainly did not read them carefully. She just flicked through the photos.

Ask if it is necessary for the VO to keep any originals, and if so, when and how you will get them back. I say this because the VO took our marriage certificate, and we still haven't gotten it back, 16 months later.

Good luck, you should do fine!

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
Hi All,
Today i recived an interview letter for 18 oct,please share your experinace of interview and just let me know if they give their decison there and then,i have already sent my passport and landing fees