+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do you Suggest guys

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hello All, I need your help and suggestions on this. I would like my wife to join me here but I know that sponsorship takes about 12 months to get a decision.
I was thinking of her coming here on a TRV and then when she gets here we can work on sponsorship.
What will be the fastest and sure way to get her here.

PS.. Am waiting on my passport and CoPR

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you're married, she will most likely be denied a TRV if she doesn't already have one. The reason why is exactly the reason you're asking this question.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello All, I need your help and suggestions on this. I would like my wife to join me here but I know that sponsorship takes about 12 months to get a decision.
I was thinking of her coming here on a TRV and then when she gets here we can work on sponsorship.
What will be the fastest and sure way to get her here.

PS.. Am waiting on my passport and CoPR
So, exactly why don't you have her as accompanying in your PR application?

Reactions: AB CA

Star Member
May 2, 2015
So, exactly why don't you have her as accompanying in your PR application?
Because we are technically not married yet. We are planning on getting married soon though. What are my options on getting her to join me right after marriage.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Because we are technically not married yet. We are planning on getting married soon though. What are my options on getting her to join me right after marriage.
Unless she has a TRV before you are married, the only options are (1) TRV after marriage, which is likely to be denied, or (2) sponsorship.

I assume she is not applying for Express Entry or a study permit, etc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That makes a LOT of difference. You can't marry until after you become a PR, or you add her to your application before you land.
You should plan on being separated for a year if she is not granted a TRV.

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Thanks for your response khp and zardos. No she is applying for express entry or study permit. We are just looking for the quickest way for her to join me. I think we may have a better chance if she applies for a TRV before we get married. What do you think @k.h.p. and @zardoz

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You could try that. If she has a TRV before she is married the risk factor of being married to a Canadian or PR is reduced.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks for your response khp and zardos. No she is applying for express entry or study permit. We are just looking for the quickest way for her to join me. I think we may have a better chance if she applies for a TRV before we get married. What do you think @k.h.p. and @zardoz
Yes, it does reduce the "family ties to Canada" if she applies before marrying.

Reactions: 9191

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
She would still need proof of ties to her home country, reasons to return to Canada after an authorized stay, establishment in her home country, and proof of financial ability to visit Canada, along with a solid and substantive purpose of visit to get a TRV. That can often be a challenge.

Reactions: 9191

Star Member
May 2, 2015
So seniors how about me giving her an invitation to apply for a trv as my girlfriend before we get married? Will that bring any complications?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So seniors how about me giving her an invitation to apply for a trv as my girlfriend before we get married? Will that bring any complications?
Yes, if you write it like that. The assumption will be that as your girlfriend, you will get married in Canada and then she will try to overstay.

She needs to qualify for a TRV on her own.