+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES only verify the highest degree- is this true

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
For EE Profile, you'll need to select a primary NOC. One of the questions to answer is to specify when was the first time you qualified to practice in the field you've selected. This will usually be when you got your Bachelors or whatever degree that qualified for that NOC.
let's say an economics and finance graduate works in marketing or counseling would they accept it as related to the field? or should it be specifically related to finance department?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
is 4c) about the education obtained in Canada?

i did not do my bachelors in Canada but the ''degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR masters of at least 1 academic year'' gives more points, so can i choose the option even if i do a Post Grad diploma in Canada?
Thats up to you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
is 4c) about the education obtained in Canada?

i did not do my bachelors in Canada but the ''degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR masters of at least 1 academic year'' gives more points, so can i choose the option even if i do a Post Grad diploma in Canada?
1. if you complete a Master's program in Canada, then you can claim the CRS points for masters - 126 points. No need for WES evaluation.
2. If you complete a PGD in Canada:
  1. You can claim points for "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university" - 91 points. No need for WES evaluation.
  2. You can claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees..." - 119 points. You will need WES to evaluate your Bachelors.

Reactions: rogerdude1

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
let's say an economics and finance graduate works in marketing or counseling would they accept it as related to the field? or should it be specifically related to finance department?
For CRS points, it doesn't matter. For FSW factor points, not sure. I know that for Provincial Nominations, your qualifications and work experience must match, I'm not sure if IRCC is pedantic about that for FSW program.