+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Last Name Issue

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi There,
I want to ask a question regarding the last name for WES Application. I have completed a degree from India. In my degree i do not have any last name. but in order to complete a WES Application form you must have to fill in last name as it is a mandatory field.

For example first name is abcd// Should i put last name as abcd// or something else.

Can anyone please help me with it. What should i write in the last name column for WES application. as i can't leave it blank.

Thank you very much in advance

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi There,
I want to ask a question regarding the last name for WES Application. I have completed a degree from India. In my degree i do not have any last name. but in order to complete a WES Application form you must have to fill in last name as it is a mandatory field.

For example first name is abcd// Should i put last name as abcd// or something else.

Can anyone please help me with it. What should i write in the last name column for WES application. as i can't leave it blank.

Thank you very much in advance
Is there a last name/surname in your passport information page?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
its a full name i guess? then it will be use all as family name and no given name? or vice versa.. IRCC application will match what you have on passport. However, they may have loop somewhere in future when you live in Canada. I fight hard to have my proper name fix... yet it just so impossible. cause my passport only showed full name as last name and no given name. even letter from embassy is not working for IRCC.

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
its a full name i guess? then it will be use all as family name and no given name? or vice versa.. IRCC application will match what you have on passport. However, they may have loop somewhere in future when you live in Canada. I fight hard to have my proper name fix... yet it just so impossible. cause my passport only showed full name as last name and no given name. even letter from embassy is not working for IRCC.
HELLO SIR/MADAM WHAT KIND OF PROBLEMS YOU FACE DUE TO NO LAST NAME CAN YOU PLEASE CLARIFY .

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
If you have same issue as the first thread of the post, just go thru from the beginning of the thread. Plus you don't have to use CAPITAL LETTER to clarify.

chamkaur17

Aug 2, 2020
hello
l have still to apply for WES as well as for PR to canada. l am facing the same problem of surname as it is blank in the passport. from the discussion read above i wanted to confirm that is it better if I get my name on my passport changed like i get my middle name used in place of surname and my first name at its proper place. only after these changes in the passport everything might work smoothly. Kindly guide regarding this. Thanks in advance

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hello Gyz
Thanks for reading my post
I am stuck with WES application process , coz I don't have a surname (last name) in passport all my name(ABC) is in given name section of passport.
Now WES is asking me last name and first name
What should I fill in that last name and first name columns?
It would be a great help if someone could sort this out.

preetsatyam72

May 1, 2021
I have the same problem where i dnt have last name in any of my docs, please suggest what should i write in the last name in WES