+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation before graduating from university-without obtaining the degree

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Hello,
I want to learn whether my degree will be recognized or not in Canada, I'm currently studying in Italy by the way. So I called the WES today and they told me to send my transcript to them but the problem is I'm still in my second semester so i only have the exa results of the first semester. How can i actually learn whether my degree will be equivalent to a Canadian degree or not? thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I want to learn whether my degree will be recognized or not in Canada, I'm currently studying in Italy by the way. So I called the WES today and they told me to send my transcript to them but the problem is I'm still in my second semester so i only have the exa results of the first semester. How can i actually learn whether my degree will be equivalent to a Canadian degree or not? thanks
WES isn't going to tell you if your degree is equivalent until you finish your degree. You could finish your first year, and send in the first year for equivalency. It will tell you whether it is equivalent to one year of Canadian university.

Reactions: YVR123

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
WES isn't going to tell you if your degree is equivalent until you finish your degree. You could finish your first year, and send in the first year for equivalency. It will tell you whether it is equivalent to one year of Canadian university.
okay but my degree's duration is for 3 years but Canadian bachelor degrees last for 4 years

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
okay but my degree's duration is for 3 years but Canadian bachelor degrees last for 4 years
Canadian honours degrees are 4 years, but many take a 3-year degree depending on the program. So you may or may not get equivalency to 3 years. Again will not know until you complete your studies. Or send in the first year and see if it gives one year equivalency.

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Canadian honours degrees are 4 years, but many take a 3-year degree depending on the program. So you may or may not get equivalency to 3 years. Again will not know until you complete your studies. Or send in the first year and see if it gives one year equivalency.
On the websites of some universities, it does say that they recognize (Laurea-3 years long) bachelor's from Italy as equal to Canadian bachelors (4years) but i am not sure about the state. For example, if i want to get licensed in the future, the state must recognize my diploma but idk from where i can get this info

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
what if they do not find it as an equivalent of a 4-year degree?

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Then it’s not. Not sure how a 3 year degree can be assessed equivalent to a 4 year Canadian degree. It may be assessed as a three year.
i think it is because we have more courses in a year compared to Canadian universities, they spread it to 4 years while we have classes in summer as well