+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

CoolPrabu

Nov 16, 2014
Hi Sindhuja,

I am facing the same issue too. Me and my wife got a mail yesterday stating that our evaluation has been put on hold for ‘Verification by the university’. I checked with Anna University today morning but they said they didn’t receive any email from WES. With Canada post on strike, I don’t know when the postal mail will reach the university.

The university officials also mentioned something like ‘WES has to bear the cost for verification’. I am not sure if WES will do that. I thought I will check with the university on this when they receive the mail from WES. If needed, we ourselves can give them the DD and facilitate the process.

I would advise you to be in constant touch with COE. The transcript verification is a different dept and degree verification is a different department (It is behind the transcript section and they’ve assigned an individual for each zone I guess). WES has mentioned that both transcript and degree have to be verified by the university.

Please do keep me posted on any further developments in your case. I will post mine too, if any

Did you meet them directly or over the phone? I am also awaiting for the response from them.

CoolPrabu

Nov 16, 2014
Nothing to worry, wait few weeks for the university to respond back to WES. In my case, I did not do anything in ~3 weeks the status changed to "In progress"
@Thiru S Good to know this information. Do we need to convey, which mail id they need to respond or they will take care themselves correctly?

Last edited:

rahul5

Apr 19, 2018
Does Annamalai university charge $50 for re verification of Documents from WES? my status is on hold from past 5 months and after writing to annamalai university several times i got a mail yesterday stating :

"YOU ARE INFORMED TO PAY 50 US $ (OR EQUIVALENT IN INR AS PER CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE) AS RE-VERIFICATION FEE. THE FEE HAS TO BE PAID ONLINE AT "

Now the question is , i have not heard from any annamalai student who got ECA report, talking about re-verification fees? that too $50? can anyone confirm is it legit?
i don't even know if they have received the verification request from WES?

how should i go about it?

Reactions: Jwngblaori

abhasachdev

Sep 6, 2018
Hi All
I am facing a similar issue with my application. I had submitted the papers in dec. in the middle of jan my application went on hold for my MbA degree gone for verification. The univ replied to that. Then the bcom documents went for verification. That got cleared. Last week my application went into ‘in process’ but today again its gone back to ‘on hold’ and my bcom documents have gone back for verification. It’s damm frustrating as every second week the status changes. It’s happened multiple times so worried. It’s been more than 1.5 months since the time the documents were sent to wes. I am from pune univ. Any solution to this? Does anyone have contacts in pune univ to help out on this ?

Reactions: shriram_thakur

Shubham1731

Jan 25, 2019
Hi
My status from Wes also in verification for secondary education from Punjab school education board on 16 jan 2019 but till today pseb not received any information from Wes how I can expidite the process

To whom i have to contact please advise

Jan 28, 2019
My university has replied to WES verifying my documents. The status on my profile went to 'Received Documents'. One week later they have gone back one step and my status is displayed 'received documents awaiting verification' again. I have requested my university to send my document again to wes as well as to me to be sure. Anyone had similar experience and know how to process it quickly.

gayatriashta

Jan 28, 2019
My Status has been put ON HOLD pending secondary verification of documents from the universities. I went to a college in South Campus, Delhi University and for sending my documents the first time, I had to go to 2 counters- South Campus for transcript and North Campus for my degree. In this forum, someone has mentioned the window to go to in North Campus for secondary verification. Does anyone know where to go for South Campus? Or will North Campus verify both my transcripts and degree?

v_nitesh_k

Aug 31, 2018
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2019
Folks,
If there is anyone waiting on Bangalore University to verify WES, I can share the details on how I got through it. It was a long ordeal, but managed to work it through and yesterday finally I got an ITA also at exactly 445 points! Feel free to ping me to get the steps and POCs, I'll be more than happy to share details.
Hi, I am waiting on the reply from Bangalore University to verify the documents. University says it had sent the reply to WES on January 28, 2019. But WES said they didn't receive any email from BU. Not sure who is speaking the truth. Could you please share your experience ? How many days did WES take to update your status after getting the email from University? and how much time did WES take to complete your evaluation?

Tina2211

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hi, I am waiting on the reply from Bangalore University to verify the documents. University says it had sent the reply to WES on January 28, 2019. But WES said they didn't receive any email from BU. Not sure who is speaking the truth. Could you please share your experience ? How many days did WES take to update your status after getting the email from University? and how much time did WES take to complete your evaluation?
My University replied to WES on 28 January 2019 via email and on 29 January 2019 they updated the status in progress - we have received documents and we are reviewing it. No completion date yet.

v_nitesh_k

Aug 31, 2018
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2019
My University replied to WES on 28 January 2019 via email and on 29 January 2019 they updated the status in progress - we have received documents and we are reviewing it. No completion date yet.
Thanks Tina2211 for the info. My status has been updated on January 30, 2019 to "In progress" (Basically, do not believe the WES customer care guys. They might have restricted access to their system and do not have all the information). I believe WES would take some time to review and then continue the evaluation process again.

amit.s.22

Feb 3, 2019
Can someone guide me on the WES process as I am completely confused with the way they are handling my case.

Account Created : 10-Nov-2018
Documents Submitted : 12-Nov-2018
After couple of on hold status for my MCA the status finally got changed to All documents reviewed and accepted on 14-Jan-2019.
On the same day the status got changed to:

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 2/1/2019

Till 01-Feb-2019 nothing happened and now all of sudden today i.e. on 03-Feb-2019 the status has again changed to following:

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).
Status last updated: 2/3/2019

Can someone guide me what are these guys upto..