+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We want to return to the life we started.

Rosyrobics7

Mar 30, 2006
U.K
I emmigrated to Canada in 1984. My husband had lived there for several years on and off previously before I met and married him. In 1988 we returned to UK as my stepfather was ill and we came home to support my mother. Since that time my stepfather has died, my father in law too and also tragically one of our sons. Our other son works out in Dubai and our daughter is currently studying her BA Music Degree in Liverpool and has one more year. The years have just flown but I can honestly say that there has been not one day that we haven't missed living in B.C. We have many friends there whom I have told that we would be coming back eventually, but because of our circumstances with aging family etc and children in education we would have to wait it out. We were landed immigrants and stupidly never took out citizenship whilst we lived in Canada. My husband had a responsible job working alongside the RCMP in Whistler, and our children were part educated there. I too also worked as a Store Manager when my daughter was at Kindergarten.
Getting round to the question...what is the best way for us to return to Canada now we are able to go? We filled out an assessment and were gobsmacked that we didn't now have enough points because my husband is now over 50! Why is it that the fact living, working, going to school, being good citizens whilst there, doesn't count for anything. We have a reasonable amount of funds but would not be investors or entrepenuers. We just want to return to continue what we had....any ideas anyone? Rosy.

Rosyrobics7

Mar 30, 2006
U.K
Getting back in!

Nearly 200 viewings..... can't believe that not one of you can offer any ideas! I know our situation must be unique, maybe no one has come across people that lived and worked in Canada, left and then several years later want to go back. But that's what it amounts to.....if we were to go into the country and apply from that end would it be easier or our situation recognised better? wont give up so please help someone...anyone. :cry:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Getting back in!

Hi

Rosyrobics7 said:
Nearly 200 viewings..... can't believe that not one of you can offer any ideas! I know our situation must be unique, maybe no one has come across people that lived and worked in Canada, left and then several years later want to go back. But that's what it amounts to.....if we were to go into the country and apply from that end would it be easier or our situation recognised better? wont give up so please help someone...anyone. :cry:
Probably no answers in that when you did the assessment you got the answer. If you can't get 67 points right now, you will not qualify as a skilled worker. You lost your PR status and the only other way would be to see if you qualify as an investor. You cannot apply in Canada.

Rosyrobics7

Mar 30, 2006
U.K
Getting back in!

Thanks for that. I know there are programmes such as the Novia Scotia programme etc where if you invest about 40k in the Province (non returnable ) they will let you in. This to me is no more than bribery getting you to part with your hard earned cash. When we were accepted into Canada before we had no money to speak of, rented a house, didn't own one, etc etc. Now we are in a better position financially, own our property, children in higher education and could buy a house now if we wanted in Canada but because my husband is over 50 he lost points as a skilled worker. In my opinion this is age discrimination. As I said we lived, worked, kids part educated in Canada, we were good enough then to be in the country having passed all the criteria etc but now are not wanted because of age. Hell... there are plenty of hard working years in us yet plus our kids will have degrees. So why are we now not good enough? And anyway we live in the Isle of Man which is quite separate from the UK mainland we even have our own government.....Canada lets the Irish in easily enough so why not us Manx. Yes we lost our PR status but we had good reasons to return to look after aging relatives......according to you we are now that ourselves!!

latin11368

May 23, 2007
New York City
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2007
I only think that if you are financially stable, buy an existing business and run it for a while with the help of your children. Then apply as an investor-entrepreneur. That's all I can think of. Also, did you speak to anyone at canadavisa.com?? They might be able to offer you some advise. I don't think it must be that hard. Don't lose hope, there is always a solution.

usmanfazli

Sep 12, 2007
well how about this. ask ur daughter if she wants to move to canada and try her as a skilled worker
she can then sponsor you if she gets accepted as dependent parents

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hi Rosyrobics

I beleive you are a qualified woman and must have work experience also and your age must be less than your husband - if this is the case then why dont you become a principal applicant. I hope you will get sufficient points this way.

Gurdeep

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
well you never login to your account since 2006 but if you maybe come and see sometime in future then i have idea for you , if you are Uk Citizen you can convert your citizenship into Canadian but for this you have to gave up your Uk citizenship , your email is hidden here other wise i wanted to send you email , Goodluck