+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We met on Internet and got married, Chances of refusal?

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Hello everyone,
My husband and I met on Internet, through matrimonial site. We fell in love in 1 month flat and decided we want to spend the rest of our lives together. Do you think the Visa office (Delhi, India) will have doubts in their minds about this marriage?
We do have lots of pictures proving that we are legally married and lots of pictures with friends and family attending the ceremony.
Am I in trouble for falling in love with someone over the Internet and got married?
Also I still have not heard anything from Delhi office about the status of my application which they started processing on 23Apr2008.

Thanks for your response.

Mridula.

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hey Mridula R ,

most of the cases is that the couples meet on internet so no problem in that ISA , dont worry

but the most important thing is to provide as much evidence as u can to prove that yr relashio. is genuine
"mails,photos, receipts,gifts,tickets..........etc" , also u can send recommendation letters from yr family and friends
try also to discuss yr plans in canada ISA, show how u both gonna live & work & support yrselves.......

just put yrself in the im officer shoes & think & ask yrself wat do u need to provide to make yr situation accepted

i hope that helps :)

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Thanks Mnassar,
This really helps. I have some 1000 emails which we exchanged. I will print out few of them. My husband is already working in a very good position there and even i started looking out for job's. I will mention that also and take proof. This immigration process is so strange. The reference letters you are talking about, what exactly do they need to say? That we both are legally married and that they attended the wedding etc? I am feeling overwhelmed. And is it normal that I dont hear anything for months from the Visa office?

Thanks
Mridula

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
it's not something specific , u can get ref. letters from yr univ. profs, work managers , friends , family saying that u r a good person & that u were legally married as u said , just try to convince them that u r a good person & that u did everything legally & all people who knows both of u can declare that

concernin that u didnt hear anything for a while from the visa office , actually am not sure abt that part , mayb u can search the forms & ask people who has the same situation & timeline like urs.

GOOD LUCK

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Dear Mnassar,
Thanks for the information. I will get the reference letters ready. But I am just wondering how to prove that I am a good girl apart from the reference letters. Maybe I will have to take my tax returns and show them that I had been paying my taxes on time.
Thanks for your time.

Mridula.