+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Citizenship oath for last 1 year....help

anuzgoel

Feb 2, 2011
Hi All,

My wife took her citizenship test on May 13 2011 and still she is till waiting for oath.

Application posted on - Aug 10 2010
Application Received - August 13, 2010.
Sent letter of acknowledging receipt and a study book called Discover Canada on August 13, 2010.
We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on April 7, 2011.
We sent you a notice on April 20, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test
Test taken on May 13, 2011 ( was given questioner to complete on the exam day)
Sent back the questioner in June

Have contact the CIC office many times they are saying they do not know anything and we will have to wait.
Got some information CAIPS Notes.
She has cleared her Citizenship test.
Appearance with the Citizenship judge not required
Citizenship certificate printed

However no still no news or timeline on CAIPS note when she will receive her Oath date.

Is anyone or has anyone gone through the same situation. Can we get any help from anyone regarding her citizenship.

Please friends advise/help/guide.... :(

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
anuzgoel,
sorry to know about the situation, i know for some cases they are taking their own time.
i think we deserve to know the status instead of just "IN PROCESS".

please wait till Monday, you will get response from seniors in this forum.
wish you good luck,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One suggestion. Go with your wife to your member of parliament and ask them to make an inquiry. The oath is usually 2-4 months after the test. Over a year does not sound reasonable. Remind the MP that she is not allowed to vote until she completes the oath ceremony ;)

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
anuzgoel
when 6 months pass by and you do not receive oath invitation, given the fact that your wife has
passed the test and no RQ was sent to her then you can call cic call center and they will send
an e-mail to your local office to find out what is going on and should have an answer for you
within few days.
have you done so???

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
how about going to M.P.
they are taking too much time.
why dont they make it citizenship processing time. 5years.

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
going to MP is an option but it will take more time than cic.
it is better to try CIC to send to local office and try getting some info but if this does not
work or the feed back is not convincing, then a person can try the MP.

anuzgoel

Feb 2, 2011
Thank you everyone for replying...Have called CIC number of times , no satisfactory answer. They just say you will be notified when your turn comes. They do not know anything else. Also have gone to MP as well his PA told you will have to wait they will take their sweet time. Any other suggestions my friends.

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
Hi Anuzgoel,

I'm in a similar situation.
I passed the test in January 2011 and have been waiting for an answer ever since! I've contacted my MP and they weren't able to help me either because they got the same answer as I did. The local office (Montreal) was doing an investigation on my file, then when I called the last time (about 2 weeks ago) the agent told me that they did my background check, criminal check and now they're doing the immigration check. So I just wanted to let you know that your wife is not alone in this, unfortunately is either the bureaucracy or we are paying for the ones that have cheated their way to get the canadian citizenship so they are extra dilligent with us?

Keep me posted if you have any news and I'll do the same. Good luck!

Canada1234567

Jun 27, 2012
Hi

I took test oct 2011.After completing my test CIC officer gave me RQ. I submitted
all required documents.Same as your wife I called CIC numerous times .Same answer
you have to wait.MP is of no help either as they get same answer. What are these CAIPS Notes?

I am in Canada. Can I request these notes? If I hear any news from CIC I will post it.

jollygill

Nov 14, 2012
i may not be very articulate but generally CAIPS Notes means access to information under privacy act canada.you can request any govt agency for this information.so if you can get this information from cic it will explain process of application and any special notes on the application i suppose.so it will be more informative than calling cic can provide.

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hello Guys,
sorry to ask you off topic question, what is the meaning of background check, criminal check and immigration check?
Thanks

compliance

Aug 11, 2012
Canada1234567 said:
Hi

I took test oct 2011.After completing my test CIC officer gave me RQ. I submitted
all required documents.Same as your wife I called CIC numerous times .Same answer
you have to wait.MP is of no help either as they get same answer. What are these CAIPS Notes?

I am in Canada. Can I request these notes? If I hear any news from CIC I will post it.
Hi Canada1234567,

Which CIC office handles your RQ case?
Is it St.Clair?
It took 12-18 month for staff from St.Clair office to start reviewing your RQ doc.
I submitted mine RQ doc. in Jan 2012, still waiting....................

anuzgoel

Feb 2, 2011
Hi All,

She did get an RQ.

I just wanted to update you all that my wife's case is still pending and have not received any Oath letter till date. We have contacted local MP number of times. However he is not able to help. He gets the same reply as we get from the customer service. The last reply that we got is that we should contact them after Jan 2014 for an update.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 13, 2010.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on April 7, 2011. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Effectively it has been now 3 years and 2 months in waiting....anybody else in same situation...