+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wage difference over the period of time in employment / lower than median wage

jjrrabbit

Jun 17, 2015
Hello there, Hope all is well in this difficult time.

I just wanted to ask about CEC immigration.
I graduated from 4 years uni in BC in Fine Arts, and I got 3 years Post Graduate work permit.
I got hired from a company that has given me an opportunity to work as an entry level marketing coordinator (marketing coordinator 1123).
The reason it became "entry level" is because I just don't really have a direct background in this area (like economics... or business). But I've got a critical thinking skills and design skills which I learnt from school and which are very helpful to this job position.

I've worked for this company since last year October and my wage was $15 first, and now $16. Due to Covid, my hours got extremely lower. But my company is planning to call back full-time in the mid of this month. And they wanted to raise my wage as $20.

I just wanted to double-check some questions that I have in regards to applying CEC EE...

1. Because of my wage being $20 still under the median wage of my job title in BC, I was worried if it would be a problem in applying CEC EE.

2. The wage has been different over the period of time. Do you think it will affect to my application?

3. When I go back to work this mid month, I will be from entry level to Junior level. When I find NOC code on website, it says just "Marketing Coordinator". Would the job rank (entry, junior, senior...) be the problem as junior is kinda of the bottom of the bottom?

4. I think I will be fully collecting all eligible hours around next year mid April. And my PGWP is finishing around next year mid July. Do you think I have enough time for application for CEC EE if I apply right away on May? (approx three months visa left at the point of applying CEC EE)

Thanks in advance.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
1. Because of my wage being $20 still under the median wage of my job title in BC, I was worried if it would be a problem in applying CEC EE.
The Ministerial Instructions on qualifying work experience do not mention wage levels and so this should not be a consideration. What is important is that you performed all of the duties in the lead statement of the NOC and most of the Main Duties.

2. The wage has been different over the period of time. Do you think it will affect to my application?
The work experience letter must include your salary information, but because there is a legitimate reason for the wage fluctuation (there is, isn't there?) your employer can include a justification or explanation in the letter.

3. When I go back to work this mid month, I will be from entry level to Junior level. When I find NOC code on website, it says just "Marketing Coordinator". Would the job rank (entry, junior, senior...) be the problem as junior is kinda of the bottom of the bottom?
Apprentice carpenters are included in the NOC for carpenters, assistant managers are included in the NOC for managers . . . the only consideration is whether you performed all of the duties in the lead statement of the NOC and most of the Main Duties.

4. I think I will be fully collecting all eligible hours around next year mid April. And my PGWP is finishing around next year mid July. Do you think I have enough time for application for CEC EE if I apply right away on May? (approx three months visa left at the point of applying CEC EE)
It would depend on how efficient you are at getting your application submitted. If you set up a profile in mid April and get an ITA by the end of the month, you'll have at least 60, possibly still 90 days to complete the data and upload your supporting documentation. As long as you have an AoR for a completed submission, you'll be able to apply for a BOWP and life will roll along until your PR is approved.