+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vjo still valid after promotion in the same company?

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, I have a question regarding my VJO. I received my VJO back in April and I entered it in Arrima. On the VJO it says I'm a CNC operator (NOC 9417 level C). But last month my company just promoted me to CNC Programmer (NOC 2233 level B). Is my VJO still valid? Do I have to ask my HR to reapply another VJO? Please help and thank you so much in advance.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello, I have a question regarding my VJO. I received my VJO back in April and I entered it in Arrima. On the VJO it says I'm a CNC operator (NOC 9417 level C). But last month my company just promoted me to CNC Programmer (NOC 2233 level B). Is my VJO still valid? Do I have to ask my HR to reapply another VJO? Please help and thank you so much in advance.
Do you still handle the duties of CNC operator or a new person has filled in that position?

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It is my duty to assist them and bug fix the program. But no, I'm not their manager. We report to the same manager.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
But you might still be overseeing some of those responsibilities besides your promoted one? Or is it Apples and oranges now.
It is my duty to assist them and bug fix the program. But no, I'm not their manager. We report to the same manager.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Are you already up on Arrima with CNC operator as your position? Or CNC programmer.
At best, I would call MIFI in your situation or take an immigration lawyers opinion. I have personally not come across someone with a situation like yours.
Effectively someone in your company is handling your previous job, if I get it right.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Are you already up on Arrima with CNC operator as your position? Or CNC programmer.
At best, I would call MIFI in your situation or take an immigration lawyers opinion. I have personally not come across someone with a situation like yours.
Effectively someone in your company is handling your previous job, if I get it right.
Yes someone else is working my previous job. I have updated my job title in Arrima system

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes someone else is working my previous job. I have updated my job title in Arrima system
Instead of MIFI better take an opinion of immigration lawyer as MIFI has dumbwits knowing nothing about their job. I am bit confused that's why won't give you more advice than this.