+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor said:
thanks for your response Bryanna!

Have you heard from anyone of that time frame if they have started to receive responses yet? it was online application for TRV from India, can't say for sure, but perhaps ND office...
The only posts I have seen are of online applicants who have been waiting since March. I hope everyone gets decisions soon.

I think you will get a decision shortly (considering the ghost emails)

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Appreciate help!

Applied online on 28th Mar 2017( indian Passport) lives in UAE
NO NEWS TILL TODAY ON MY APPLICATION.

Should i create a new GCkey account and reapply ? Money is not the concern just wondering if it is against their policy n will backfire.

Processing time is 20 calander days from UAE . Today is 28th day.. yest I received only initial emails on day 1 after that nothing.. i am traveling in may end .. i am afraid if i wait for for reapply it might me too late as only 30 days left including approval and stampingg alone takes 2 weeks. Surprisingly my friends from same office and same nationality got approval in 1 week .. so want to try my luck again.

Please advise if can reapply

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Suminimi said:
Appreciate help!

Applied online on 28th Mar 2017( indian Passport) lives in UAE
NO NEWS TILL TODAY ON MY APPLICATION.

Should i create a new GCkey account and reapply ? Money is not the concern just wondering if it is against their policy n will backfire.

Processing time is 20 calander days from UAE . Today is 28th day.. yest I received only initial emails on day 1 after that nothing.. i am traveling in may end .. i am afraid if i wait for for reapply it might me too late as only 30 days left including approval and stampingg alone takes 2 weeks. Surprisingly my friends from same office and same nationality got approval in 1 week .. so want to try my luck again.

Hi Suminimi I guess Bryanna has already replied to your post in another thread, see below, and I would agree, it's not about the money but until you hear decision, you shouldn't reapply...

Bryanna said:

No, you'll have to wait for decisions for their current applications. You cannot apply again while these applications are still being processed.

Have you sent Case Specific Enquiries?

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
@Visitor said:
Hi Suminimi I guess Bryanna has already replied to your post in another thread, see below, and I would agree, it's not about the money but until you hear decision, you shouldn't reapply...
No, you'll have to wait for decisions for their current applications. You cannot apply again while these applications are still being processed.

Have you sent Case Specific Enquiries?
Can you kindly inform what will happen if i re-apply? Trying to understand consequences?

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Suminimi said:
Can you kindly inform what will happen if i re-apply? Trying to understand consequences?
that is a Bryanna (and seniors) question, my knowledge with that is limited and I don't want to misguide anyone...

Bryanna and seniors any input for Suminimi's question...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Suminimi said:
I recommend that you do NOT reapply.

To reapply, you must first request the visa office to allow you to withdraw your parents' current applications. That, in itself, could take a couple/more weeks.

Only after you withdraw the current applications can you reapply. And, when they reapply, their applications will be pushed to the back of the processing queue.... and they will be back at square one

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Bryanna said:
I recommend that you do NOT reapply.

To reapply, you must first request the visa office to allow you to withdraw your parents' current applications. That, in itself, could take a couple/more weeks.

Only after you withdraw the current applications can you reapply. And, when they reapply, their applications will be pushed to the back of the processing queue.... and they will be back at square one
Logically speaking what you are saying is really different if you create a new GCKEY account .. one of my friend also did the same and he is able to apply from another account and both application shows in progress .. how will they figure out if application is already in process as long as there is no action taken on my account.. however I respect your seniority and knowledge but i can reapply without withdraw also from another account .. did anyone had any previous experience ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Suminimi said:
Logically speaking what you are saying is really different if you create a new GCKEY account .. one of my friend also did the same and he is able to apply from another account and both application shows in progress .. how will they figure out if application is already in process as long as there is no action taken on my account.. however I respect your seniority and knowledge but i can reapply without withdraw also from another account .. did anyone had any previous experience ?
I have not come across anyone so far who has submitted multiple TRV applications simultaneously.

It's your choice though if you'd still like to go ahead with it. Do keep us posted of what happens if you apply multiple times simultaneously so that it can help other applicants

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Bryanna said:
I have not come across anyone so far who has submitted multiple TRV applications simultaneously.

It's your choice though if you'd still like to go ahead with it. Do keep us posted of what happens if you apply multiple times simultaneously so that it can help other applicants
I will try no to do until someone has successful case .

Its really heartbreaking when the flights, hotels are booked .. lot of shopping done in excitement.. full family is excited including kiddos ... such a horrible experience.. UK , German , Australia , US all were such easy and transparent procedures

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Suminimi said:

Its really heartbreaking when the flights, hotels are booked .. lot of shopping done in excitement.. full family is excited including kiddos ... such a horrible experience.. UK , German , Australia , US all were such easy and transparent procedures
I hope the link below would help. I agree with Bryanna and wouldn't do it if I were you. I understand the frustration, I have been through CIC many times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp

dr_jaat

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
dr_jaat said:
I hope the link below would help. I agree with Bryanna and wouldn't do it if I were you. I understand the frustration, I have been through CIC many times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp

dr_jaat
thanks for sharing the info!

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows
Quina said:
Applied for my parent visa online on 27th March
Still no passport request. Just initial 3 emails the last email being application is updated..but with no real updates on mycic

Hope to receive the visa soon as my mother's tickets are for 9th June.
Just received Passport request for my mother's Trv applied online 27th March 2017.
Goodluck to others waiting.

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Quina said:
Just received Passport request for my mother's Trv applied online 27th March 2017.
Goodluck to others waiting.
congratulations

We have applied online on march 20th 2017.. No updates yet.. My husband is waiting to meet our daughter who is 5 months old. He left to canada when daughter was 7 days old. This delay in TRV processing make us more worried

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Karthikaa said:
congratulations

We have applied online on march 20th 2017.. No updates yet.. My husband is waiting to meet our daughter who is 5 months old. He left to canada when daughter was 7 days old. This delay in TRV processing make us more worried
We can wait for the decision nothin else cn be done.
I need my parents during this phase but this delay is irritating

Good luck
Do update ur status

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Suminimi said:

Indeed its an horrifying experience while applying for a canadian visa. They should have increased their work force if they are not able to match up with the demand. Waiting for 1 month + on an average just for a visitor visa is not done considering the fees what they charge. The timeline has also been increasing which should have been other way round. Also complication whether to apply online or offline is getting in nerves. Its proven going through the blogs that offline is faster then the online.