+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
faithsoul said:
Thanks Bryanna . I am also hoping that other passport is stamped as well. Fingers crossed.
Passports are back today for my parents with visa's approved and stamped. after all the wait. :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks to all the folks who helped here.

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Congratulations

I am still waiting for my parents TRV.
Sent CSE today as it has been 23 business days and no update yet.

I wonder if New Delhi office takes longer time.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
ravi_saff said:
Parents Visitor visa Applied on March 14th
Got PPR around 7th April and passport Submitted on 8th April
Checked the tracking on VFS and says passport dispatched from Banglore office and CIC says application approved.

Best wishes to all of you guys and thanks Bryanna and alll other members who are helping others out voluntary.

Thanks,
Ravi
10 days to effing stamp a passport? Wow these guys are really something. Most countries process the entire application in under 10 days.

Bright side of the gloomy scenario, you have your visa.

Apr 6, 2017
Applied for a visitor visa for my spouse on Feb 16.

Today it has been 61 days since the application was submitted online.

Requested an update regarding the status of the application using the IRCC webform on March 21. Haven't heard anything regarding the enquiry.

I guess they are way too busy going through the hundreds of refugee claims for people crossing into Canada illegally to even reply to a request for just a status update. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
twuser said:
10 days to effing stamp a passport? Wow these guys are really something. Most countries process the entire application in under 10 days.

Bright side of the gloomy scenario, you have your visa.

hi . we applied for visitor with paper application. If we get approval then do cic send us letter that our application is aproved or they just send passport?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
heena303 said:
hi . we applied for visitor with paper application. If we get approval then do cic send us letter that our application is aproved or they just send passport?
Only the passport with the visa stamped in it

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
Bryanna said:
Only the passport with the visa stamped in it
is it necessary to submit medical with visitor visa? I did nt submit it and cic did nt request it. I hv seen it that if people are getting multiple visa then vo ask for medical

satindsi

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
Doc's Request.
24-11-2013 SP2
Nomination.....
07-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
21-05-2015, In process on 26-05-2015
Med's Request
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
13-06-2015, Medical Received on 20-06-2015, DM on 17-08-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-08-2015, PP recd with VISA 27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
heena303 said:
is it necessary to submit medical with visitor visa? I did nt submit it and cic did nt request it. I hv seen it that if people are getting multiple visa then vo ask for medical
Medical not required for Visitor Visa. It is mandatory for Super Visa.

Apr 6, 2017
Visitor Visa application for spouse submitted: Feb 16, 2017

62 days application still in process.

Requested a status update using the IRCC Webform: March 20, 2017

Finally received an email from CIC today stating that there are no updates, application is in progress and thanks for the patience.

Waited for a month to receive a generic email from CIC.

After going through this process I am never going to complain about waiting in a line to submit my paperwork at the BLS office in Surrey or Vancouver whenever applying for a visa to visit family in India.

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Hi guys !! I submitted my visitor visa application (paper) at vsf Mumbai through a travel agent on 19th April for myself, wife and my 4 year old daughter. However inspite of specifically mentioning my email id on the forms, I haven't recd any confirmation email for the acknowledgement of the documents recd by vsf. When should I expect an ackno Mail? Also is there any chances that my travel agent has given a special request for mentioning his mail? I have been demanding a tracking no from him but some how he has been ignoring since 2 days. I am sure he is not a cheat as he is a family friend. But now I am suspicious. Could someone help me out? Just want to be sure about my application recd by the vsf.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Travelerinc said:
Hi guys !! I submitted my visitor visa application (paper) at vsf Mumbai through a travel agent on 19th April for myself, wife and my 4 year old daughter. However inspite of specifically mentioning my email id on the forms, I haven't recd any confirmation email for the acknowledgement of the documents recd by vsf. When should I expect an ackno Mail? Also is there any chances that my travel agent has given a special request for mentioning his mail? I have been demanding a tracking no from him but some how he has been ignoring since 2 days. I am sure he is not a cheat as he is a family friend. But now I am suspicious. Could someone help me out? Just want to be sure about my application recd by the vsf.
When you printed and signed the application forms, did it have your email address?

Did you appoint him as a representative by signing the 'Use of a Representative IMM5476' form?

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Bryanna said:
When you printed and signed the application forms, did it have your email address?

Did you appoint him as a representative by signing the 'Use of a Representative IMM5476' form?
Yes It had my mail id and I did sign the IMM5476 form.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Travelerinc said:
Yes It had my mail id and I did sign the IMM5476 form.
The IMM 5476 form would overwrite your contact details. IRCC will contact your travel agent as you have appointed him as your representative. You will not be contacted by IRCC through email or otherwise.

FYI, your travel agent would have received three separate emails from VFS (on behalf of the visa office for each applicant)..... the next day after you applied.... which state that your applications have been forwarded to IRCC. These emails would also have Tracking Numbers (which don't really work on the VFS site but are helpful nonetheless)

If you are getting stressed out.... or if your travel agent is not giving you any updates, you may want to consider cancelling his appointment as your representative.

Here's how to do it (check the 'Change or cancel your representative' section):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-add.asp

Apart from sending these requests to IRCC through the webform, you can also email the Bangalore visa office (address is available on the IRCC website)

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Bryanna said:
The IMM 5476 form would overwrite your contact details. IRCC will contact your travel agent as you have appointed him as your representative. You will not be contacted by IRCC through email or otherwise.

FYI, your travel agent would have received three separate emails from VFS (on behalf of the visa office for each applicant)..... the next day after you applied.... which state that your applications have been forwarded to IRCC. These emails would also have Tracking Numbers (which don't really work on the VFS site but are helpful nonetheless)

If you are getting stressed out.... or if your travel agent is not giving you any updates, you may want to consider cancelling his appointment as your representative.

Here's how to do it (check the 'Change or cancel your representative' section):

Apart from sending these requests to IRCC through the webform, you can also email the Bangalore visa office (address is available on the IRCC website)
Thank you so much Bryanna for your quick response and clarity regarding the contact details which would overwrite the agents details as I was worried why didn't I receive any mail. I dont think I would require to cancel as I will follow up with him and get the tracking details. As you said the tracking details would not be of any help so how would I track the application?