+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa for Vietnamese to Canada

Jimbob

Oct 19, 2009
Hello,
I am interested in hearing from others regarding my concern. My Vietnamese girlfriend tried twice to come to Canada for a visit. Everything was done correctly, she was even complimented on the completeness of her documents. The second reply came quickly and was exactly the same as the first. It was clear there was no way she was coming to Canada. The consulate claims they need to be convinced that she will return to VN, but they will not suggest how they might be convinced. That is their discretion is remain silent on this matter.
It seems marriage is the only option. However, I've even heard that the Consulate might still not process an application because they need overwhelming evidence that the marriage is real and not fabricated.
In one case, a couple had a child and had to provide DNA evidence before they could come. Has anyone had any recent experiences with this subject. Thanks for any help you or information you can provide.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read toby's unsuccessful experience of inviting his Chinese wife to Canada:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/further-insight-into-a-visa-officers-way-of-thinking-t46457.0.html

Another poster keep trying to invite his mother to visit Canada:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-could-my-mother-come-to-canada-and-stay-for-1-or-2-month-t46376.0.html

Jimbob

Oct 19, 2009
Hello, I appreciate the comments by steaky who tried unseccessfully to bring his wife from China.

Your comments echoed my experience. I knew they made a quick decision based on profiling. They profile people from certain countries. It is in their discretion to do so and you can't prove otherwise.
I even had my MP's office enquire. The Consular manager stated: unless the applicant's material situation changes, I could not advise another application. What is material to them? Is it marriage or is there money involved? They offer no help because they don't have to. They spend only 5-10 minutes per application and do their cookie cutter reply...it's just another day for them..if anyone can offer any positive experiences, I would appreciate their response. Thank-you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey gonzales, if you read the second discussion link, you will noticed that the OP did not try another visa office, but keep on trying the Shanghai visa office that the applications had in vain twice.

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
I had the same case. My parents got denied twice. All their documents were complete. My parents both worked for the government and they had been given authority to travel by the government offices they work for.

To prove that they are returning to their home country is quite difficult. It is not enough to have too much properties and assests as proof you are returning but one thing is consistent in their denial letter is that they do not have enough travel experience. They only have 1 travel outside the home country. So i think, your Vietnamese girlfriend should try to go out to neighboring countries within the Southeast Asia to prove that she has every intention of going back to her home country.