+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi - I am planning to schedule visitor visa (b2) in the coming months. I have been in canada for last 2.8 years, i have an approved I-140 petition(worked earlier in h1b for 10 years, before), so my question is, will i be able to get B2 visitor visa, if i had previously approved I-140 petition?

Has anyone recently, applied B2 from canada? Are appointments available, is there anything you want to add/share?

Also, my canadian PR is expired, i have already applied for renewal, do i need the new card to apply for US visitor visa? I know that is used for travel back to canada, but wanted to check, if that will be asked for as evidence/supporting document.

Thanks.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi - I am planning to schedule visitor visa (b2) in the coming months. I have been in canada for last 2.8 years, i have an approved I-140 petition(worked earlier in h1b for 10 years, before), so my question is, will i be able to get B2 visitor visa, if i had previously approved I-140 petition?

Has anyone recently, applied B2 from canada? Are appointments available, is there anything you want to add/share?

Also, my canadian PR is expired, i have already applied for renewal, do i need the new card to apply for US visitor visa? I know that is used for travel back to canada, but wanted to check, if that will be asked for as evidence/supporting document.

Thanks.
Mostly should be fine as you are settled here.
As consulate is asking for copy of legal status, mainly they usually ask for pr card, just take pr card and the receipt document of pr card renewal too to tell that you are in process of renewing. But you dont need to wait till card is mailed to apply for US visa.

But currently the regular appointments are still not being served hence you will have to wait for some more time for attending the visa interview. But you can apply, pay the fee and try checking continuously for the appointment slot as it might get filled quickly.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Mostly should be fine as you are settled here.
As consulate is asking for copy of legal status, mainly they usually ask for pr card, just take pr card and the receipt document of pr card renewal too to tell that you are in process of renewing. But you dont need to wait till card is mailed to apply for US visa.

But currently the regular appointments are still not being served hence you will have to wait for some more time for attending the visa interview. But you can apply, pay the fee and try checking continuously for the appointment slot as it might get filled quickly.
Thank you very much.