+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor apply for Home Support Worker

scaran

Jan 8, 2021
Hello

I am curious if a visitor or a foreign national under implied status (as a visitor) can apply for this program within Canada? There is one bullet point that says:
Now the implied status mentioned above refers to the study and or work permit or anyone under an implied status?

Just curious as it seems like either a loop hole or the wording needs adjusting.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

I am curious if a visitor or a foreign national under implied status (as a visitor) can apply for this program within Canada? There is one bullet point that says:
Now the implied status mentioned above refers to the study and or work permit or anyone under an implied status?

Just curious as it seems like either a loop hole or the wording needs adjusting.

Thank you.
Click on what "implied status" means. If you are a visitor, you are not under implied status. Also it is referring to being on a valid study or work permit or waiting for an extension of those two so no, it does not refer to your visitor status.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Click on what "implied status" means. If you are a visitor, you are not under implied status. Also it is referring to being on a valid study or work permit or waiting for an extension of those two so no, it does not refer to your visitor status.
Technically, if you are a visitor awaiting the renewal of your visitor visa, you are on implied status.

But to answer OP's question, it is just a nuance in the wording, and not a loophole with the program as they may think.

And I agree that only people with valid study or work permits who also happen to be on an implied status are allowed to apply.

Last edited: