+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vienna office's email reply to my inquiry about delayed study permit

dwctnyg

Jun 23, 2022
Hey guys, my study permit application has been submitted for 14 weeks without any updates in my account. I just received an email from Vienna stating that:
"
This refers to your email enquiry below. Your application is under review. We will contact you should anything be required.
We also confirm that processing delays should indeed be expected given the current circumstances.
"
What does this mean? My online portal shows that my review of eligibility has not started yet, but here they stated that it is already under review, and I have no idea when it started. And why is it that delay should be expected? I am extremely confused. Should I order GCMS notes to see what is happening?
My program starts in early September and there's no online option available so it is crucial for me to get my study permit in time. I would appreciate any advice on what actions should I take now to ensure my application gets processed in time.

EverNerve

Aug 22, 2022
Germany
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
01-06-2022
I have been waiting 3 months for a response, although they specified an estimated waiting time of 25 days in June.
I wrote 5 Emails and webforms to the Visa office in Vienna and even personally went there. There was no help whatsoever.
I just received the same robotic response as the one you got:
"This refers to your email enquiry below. Your application is in queue for review. We will contact you should anything be required.
We also confirm that processing delays should indeed be expected given the current circumstances.
We appreciate your understanding."

I suggest you move on with your life. This is not worth the physical or mental effort.