+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

canada1990

Sep 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

i wanne tell you guys that VIENNA is alive because i have this thurday my interview and i send them email they response very fast and they asked me to bring all my documents with me like boarding pass pictures ect ect....so stay positief and have patience we all get soon or PR, hope you all stay positief

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
anyone who has had to re-sent police clearence.. do i justs end it to the address of the office

Visa Office
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria

or is there specific mailing instruction. the email we got did not say anything.. i dont want it to go to get lost.. help

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
We had a request for Police Certificate as well on Aug 29th, we sent it on September 3rd, they received it on the 5th. However, we were notified today that the document is not correct. We got it from the police, as it was explained on the site, however that is not the correct way to obtain such document. On the site the specifications say to obtain police certificate (Uvjerenje o nekaznjavanju) from the local police station in Montenegro. If anyone is from Montenegro please note that this certificate is issued by the Ministry of justice and it has been since April of 2014. We did not know this. We learned it today and I hope that nobody else has the same issue.
I have to say they were quick for us, as they received our application on May 6th in Mississauga and on July 10th in Vienna.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
lalaBiH said:
anyone who has had to re-sent police clearence.. do i justs end it to the address of the office

Visa Office
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria

or is there specific mailing instruction. the email we got did not say anything.. i dont want it to go to get lost.. help
Yes that's the correct address. Make sure you put your file # on the envelope and the document so they can easily match it.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
jagoda83 said:
We had a request for Police Certificate as well on Aug 29th, we sent it on September 3rd, they received it on the 5th. However, we were notified today that the document is not correct. We got it from the police, as it was explained on the site, however that is not the correct way to obtain such document. On the site the specifications say to obtain police certificate (Uvjerenje o nekaznjavanju) from the local police station in Montenegro. If anyone is from Montenegro please note that this certificate is issued by the Ministry of justice and it has been since April of 2014. We did not know this. We learned it today and I hope that nobody else has the same issue.
I have to say they were quick for us, as they received our application on May 6th in Mississauga and on July 10th in Vienna.

Interesting we got our from the locak police stationtoo but now it expired but they said clearly in the email that they just need the same thing just a recent one.. Maybe thata just montenegro.. Ps. U applied may 6 2013? Yes i applied sept 19 and it was in vienna on oct 1.. But then almost a year of silence. Be prepared for a long wait now and probably a redo of all docs in a year:s its a pain

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
I think the confusion is only in Montenegro, as it was a recent transition from the local police to the Ministry of Justice, and not even the local clerk knew about it. That person issued that same paper for us 4 times and we had it translated 4 times (we applied for Visitors visa before). And we applied May 2014, not 2013. I see that many of you unfortunately have been affected by the strike, but now they are up and running.
Hopefully you all reunite with loved ones soon!

gummybear321

Sep 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

First-time and very anxious poster here. I'm sponsoring my husband and his application will be processed by the Vienna office. We received phase 1 approval in August 2014, but no AOR from Vienna. I guess our application is hopefully in the queue, but no way to know.

I just wanted to reach out to those of you who sponsored your spouses in 2013 to find out whether the current time frame of 17 months as given on CIC's website right now is accurate. If your sponsored family member was approved within the past few weeks, did it really take 17 full months from the time you received approval for phase 1? I am terrified right now that the time frame will continue to go up by a few months every quarter and that by the end of 2015, when I had thought we would be getting the answer already, it will be close to three years like some of the offices in other parts of the world. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance, but please be honest about your experiences. I know the Vienna office is slow but I wonder if 17 months is really accurate.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Nunuc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am currently preparing my application for spousal sponsorship that will be processed by the Vienna office. Just wanted to ask a quick question about the medicals. Given that the processing time is currently at 17 months, does it make sense to do an upfront medical? Did the Vienna office renew it automatically or were people forced to re-do their medicals? Anyone know what factors influenced these decisions? They appear to strongly urge the upfront medical in the application guide but since it lasts only 12 months it makes little sense. Anyone have similar dilemma's?

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Nunuc said:
Hello everyone,

I am currently preparing my application for spousal sponsorship that will be processed by the Vienna office. Just wanted to ask a quick question about the medicals. Given that the processing time is currently at 17 months, does it make sense to do an upfront medical? Did the Vienna office renew it automatically or were people forced to re-do their medicals? Anyone know what factors influenced these decisions? They appear to strongly urge the upfront medical in the application guide but since it lasts only 12 months it makes little sense. Anyone have similar dilemma's?
Good question. They only extend medicals up to 15 months but that is if the medical is the only outstandinf peice of information. In our case the police record was submitted at the same time and thus expired so we have to resubmit both. But in every case the police record will also expire after 12 months. I would maybe wait to send it.. Its not cheap and processing time are ridiculous. I will say though that the backlog is from 2012-2013 so i think the wait will only get shorter from here on out. Maybe they will process u in 12 months in which case it would b better to do your medical upfront.. Fyi as u can tell i applied in late sept 2013 it has been a year now and they have just strted processing our app i am hopeful that once the meds and police are resent within the week we will be done with all of this by 13 month ( not 17 but still a longggg waiing game)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Nunuc said:
Hello everyone,

If you submit your application without the up-front medical exam, you risk your application being return to you or if you're lucky, Mississauga will just ask for the medical before they start processing the sponsor part. In any case, your application will be delayed by several months.
When it comes to outland spouse sponsorship, there is no choice in whether you do the medical or not, this is mandatory. Only inland applicants have the possibility to do the medical later on.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Avadava said:
If you submit your application without the up-front medical exam, you risk your application being return to you or if you're lucky, Mississauga will just ask for the medical before they start processing the sponsor part. In any case, your application will be delayed by several months.
When it comes to outland spouse sponsorship, there is no choice in whether you do the medical or not, this is mandatory. Only inland applicants have the possibility to do the medical later on.
That is incorrect. Unless they have changed it since I applied it clearly states that you do not have to submit it upfront and that you may wait for the CIC to contact you to request a copy. I think it does mention that it may cause a delay bla bla bla... but if you have to re-do it anyway your delayed regardless.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
gummybear321 said:
Hello everyone,

First-time and very anxious poster here. I'm sponsoring my husband and his application will be processed by the Vienna office. We received phase 1 approval in August 2014, but no AOR from Vienna. I guess our application is hopefully in the queue, but no way to know.

I just wanted to reach out to those of you who sponsored your spouses in 2013 to find out whether the current time frame of 17 months as given on CIC's website right now is accurate. If your sponsored family member was approved within the past few weeks, did it really take 17 full months from the time you received approval for phase 1? I am terrified right now that the time frame will continue to go up by a few months every quarter and that by the end of 2015, when I had thought we would be getting the answer already, it will be close to three years like some of the offices in other parts of the world. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance, but please be honest about your experiences. I know the Vienna office is slow but I wonder if 17 months is really accurate.

Thank you all so much for your help.
I don't want to depress you because it has actually taken so long for us and i do belive the processing times will go down this year. The backlog started in 2012 and continued into 2013. It looks like from jan-april this year they did not receive as many applications so that is a good sign. I think the processing time will only go down from now on. I have been waiting 12 months so far and our application status just changed to " in process", supposedly once my hunny submits his medicals and a new police certificate they normalyy issue the visa within the month so that would make our total time just over 13 months.. again i will have to wait and see if that will be the case. I thought i had a straight forward application and was optimistic for a quicker turn around but it didn't matter. I think you will wait approx 12 months, not 17 but im just makign assumptions based on the fact that i think 2013 applicants got the worst of the backlog.

Nunuc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
The medicals are not cheap but I guess it is worse to end up with a stickler for detail case officer who decides to send the whole thing back. It may also be useful if your theory about the backlog clearing up a bit proves true.

Seeing that you have experience with police certificates as well -

I posted this question further below but got nothing back yet. I am applying as a Bosnian national (I have dual BiH/Serbia citizenship) and I got a Bosnian police certificate. It is in danger of running out as my other police certificates from Asia and Africa are taking a long time. However, closer reading of the application guide says only police clearances for places where you have lived for 6 consecutive months after turning 18. Even though I am applying as a BiH national, I have not lived there for 6 consecutive months since I was 18. Do I still need to send the police certificate?

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Nunuc said:
The medicals are not cheap but I guess it is worse to end up with a stickler for detail case officer who decides to send the whole thing back. It may also be useful if your theory about the backlog clearing up a bit proves true.

Seeing that you have experience with police certificates as well -

I posted this question further below but got nothing back yet. I am applying as a Bosnian national (I have dual BiH/Serbia citizenship) and I got a Bosnian police certificate. It is in danger of running out as my other police certificates from Asia and Africa are taking a long time. However, closer reading of the application guide says only police clearances for places where you have lived for 6 consecutive months after turning 18. Even though I am applying as a BiH national, I have not lived there for 6 consecutive months since I was 18. Do I still need to send the police certificate?

I guess not.. are you there now though? and will you be there to total 6 months while your application is in process? if so then i would just send it..regardless i would prob sent it to be one the safe side

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
lalaBiH said:
That is incorrect. Unless they have changed it since I applied it clearly states that you do not have to submit it upfront and that you may wait for the CIC to contact you to request a copy. I think it does mention that it may cause a delay bla bla bla... but if you have to re-do it anyway your delayed regardless.
On the document checklist it clearly states that the proof of medical has to be included. I believe only inland applicants are not required to submit the medical upfront. I would say, better safe than sorry :)