+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victoria, BC: Opportunities after MS in data science from Victoria university

kaushikjjj

Mar 11, 2020
Hi, I have an offer for Masters in data science from Victoria University. it is a 1-year program.

I would like to know how is this university and what is the potential scope after graduation?
I would like to know can the opportunities for a part-time job in victoria
and how is the scope for jobs in British Columbia? which are top cities where I can find jobs in IT?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have an offer for Masters in data science from Victoria University. it is a 1-year program.

I would like to know how is this university and what is the potential scope after graduation?
I would like to know can the opportunities for a part-time job in victoria
and how is the scope for jobs in British Columbia? which are top cities where I can find jobs in IT?
UVic is a good university but Victoria is midsized quiet city. students will have access to the typical part-time jobs that they can fit around their studies. There are certainly better chances of getting a job versus other much smaller communities. With 1 year degrees you only get a 1 year PGWP which means you are in a very tight timeline to get 1 year of skilled work. Vancouver would be where most tech jobs are in BC.