+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Verification of Foreign Work Experience

hulksnake2

May 9, 2013
Hi all,

I was wondering how CIC verifies foreign work experience, as in what documents would they require? I have a 1.5 year experience back home. Will a job letter stating pay and duties &responsibilities suffice?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi all,

I was wondering how CIC verifies foreign work experience, as in what documents would they require? I have a 1.5 year experience back home. Will a job letter stating pay and duties &responsibilities suffice?
Hi there,

They verify the job by your reference letter and paycheques and tax returns, etc. They might call your work just to confirm as well. But I guess you're better off asking your question at Skilled Worker forum.

All the best,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The letter is required, with specific information - see "Proof of work experience."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If your letter is missing any required details, you can provide other documents to help fill in missing information. These can vary from contracts, to wage statements / paystubs, letters from former colleagues or clients, tax documents, and country-specific documents.

How does IRCC verify? As part of the background checks, they will review your records and see if they can corroborate the details. They can call the company to verify your past employment. (Or, they may not. You never know).