+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validating a Confirmation of Permanent Residence

kofc_anas

Oct 31, 2011
Hello,
i need to validate my confirmation of PR. i have a syrian passport and currently residing toronto.
i called CIC and they advised to do a "Flag Pole Procedure".
has anyone done it recently? do i need a US visa?
i am trying to make a desicion between doing it here at the land border or travelling to UK and do it at Pearson airport... any advice??
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kofc_anas said:
Hello,
i need to validate my confirmation of PR. i have a syrian passport and currently residing toronto.
i am trying to make a desicion between doing it here at the land border or travelling to UK and do it at Pearson airport... any advice??
Thanks
1. Or you can make an appointment to "land" at local CIC by calling 1-888-242-2100

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kofc_anas said:
Hello,
Depends -

Note that it will take 2 months to receive your PR card after landing, so it can be complicated if you plan to travel within the 2 months after landing.

If you are planning to travel to the UK anyway, and your travel will fall within your deadline for landing, that is probably the easiest way to do it.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
rssb said:
Can I validate Confirmation of Permanent Residence with in USA?
You will have to arrive at a Canadian border to validate your CoPR.

hope2

Aug 22, 2014
Hi friends,

I received two CPR form, one of them has my picture and the other one doesn't have, my question is this:

1) When I go to the US/Canada border for flag poling, which one do they take and which one do I need to keep?

2)After stamping, how do I get my PR card? Do I need to keep those CPR forms? What do I need to do after stamping them at the border?

3) After stamping the CPR what do I need to renew my SIN number?

Please help experts :)

Thanks

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
1) Officer will keep one copy and he will give you the other one.
2) You don't have to do anything beside confirming your current mail address at the border. They are going to send you your first PR card. COPR will be attached to your passport - don't lose it.
3) Just go to the Service Canada and tell them that you are a PR now and would like to change your SIN number. They will do it right away - they will check your COPR/passport and issue you the new SIN number. Remember they are not giving SIN cards anymore so don't expect you will get it in mail.

hope2

Aug 22, 2014
TeddyXYZ said:
1) Officer will keep one copy and he will give you the other one.
2) You don't have to do anything beside confirming your current mail address at the border. They are going to send you your first PR card. COPR will be attached to your passport - don't lose it.
3) Just go to the Service Canada and tell them that you are a PR now and would like to change your SIN number. They will do it right away - they will check your COPR/passport and issue you the new SIN number. Remember they are not giving SIN cards anymore so don't expect you will get it in mail.
Thank you so much for the great information. I really appreciate your help. One more question, do you remember which form to keep? The one with picture or the one without picture?

Thanks again

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
hope2 said:
Thank you so much for the great information. I really appreciate your help. One more question, do you remember which form to keep? The one with picture or the one without picture?

Thanks again
Hi,
you must take both COPRs with you. The officer will stamp both and keep that one with the picture on it.

VERNONGAO

Sep 7, 2017
could someone help to answer my below questions?
I have my passport back with COPR. i have booked flights back to my country in late January 2018 and back during Feb 20128
Meantime, i have to drive to USA during Christmas to visit my friends and then drive back, could i not validate my permanent resident status when i drive back from USA?
i have my valid work permit and TRV for my work permit expires unti Sep 2018.

Thank you all!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
could someone help to answer my below questions?
I have my passport back with COPR. i have booked flights back to my country in late January 2018 and back during Feb 20128
Meantime, i have to drive to USA during Christmas to visit my friends and then drive back, could i not validate my permanent resident status when i drive back from USA?
i have my valid work permit and TRV for my work permit expires unti Sep 2018.

Thank you all!
You can explain to CBSA that you are travelling in a few months and would like to delay your landing until then. They generally allow this but never any guarantees.

carlamco

Aug 7, 2017
I received back my passport and coPR but no visa ticker in my passport. is this mandatory to do the landing at the boarder?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I received back my passport and coPR but no visa ticker in my passport. is this mandatory to do the landing at the boarder?
I received back my passport and coPR but no visa ticker in my passport. That's OK, CoPR is all you need with your Passport. is this mandatory to do the landing at the border? Not Mandatory, another way is to schedule a landing interview at a local office,if you are in Canada already.